I’m admittedly a bit of a tea granny. My 2-3 cup a day habit has been well documented in the past, I’m certain of it. In the same token, I rarely meet a cocktail I don’t like. I know that makes me sound like an absolute lush, but there’s just something about a well crafted beverage that sets my heart aflutter. So when I first stumbled upon Eden‘s recipe for an earl grey cocktail, I had one of those aha moments. I mean, it’s a serendipitous combination of two of my very favourite things. And now that I’ve tested it out for myself, I’m a total and complete convert. With photos from the incredible Heidi Lau, grab the recipe below.
- 6 ounces cold Earl Grey tea
- 1 1/4 ounces gin
- 1 1/4 ounces honey simple syrup (recipe below)
- 1/2 ounce fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- Brew 4 cups Earl Grey tea (it should give you enough to make a few cocktails!) Cool completely in fridge.
- In the meantime, make your honey simply syrup by warming 5 cups of water with 1 cup of honey until disolved. Cool completely in fridge.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add all of your cocktail ingredients and shake vigorously. Strain into glass, over ice, and enjoy!