A couple Saturdays ago, Justin and I met up with a few friends at a Mexican joint downtown. After stuffing ourselves silly, the waiter presented us with the dessert menu. Though everyone at the table declined, I struggle to say no to such offers and ended up ordering the (totally authentic!) cookies and cream popsicle. You guys? It was insane. And I found it curious that a table full of people who truly didn’t want dessert had no problem going to town on my popsicle… But I digress. I’ve since made it my mission to recreate the goodness, and recreate I did. It’s kind of embarassingly simple, but you seriously (seriously!!) need to try one for yourself.
Click below for the recipe…
- One box of Oreo cookies (approximately 24)
- 1 quart of vanilla bean ice cream, softened
- 1 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
- Fill your popsicle molds with 1 Tbsp. of softened vanilla ice cream.
- Drop one cookie in each mold
- Top with an additional Tbsp. of ice cream
- Drop in another cookie and fill with remaining ice cream until the entire mold is full (note: I banged mine on the counter a few times in order to get rid of any air pockets/gaps).
- Add popsicle sticks and freeze until solid, 4 hours or so.
- One frozen, carefully remove each popsicle from its mold and roll each in oreo cookie crumbs. Wrap individually in parchment paper and keep in freezer until ready to eat!
- Removing them from the mould proved to be a little tricky. I found the best method was running each one under warm water for a few seconds and then very slowly pulling on the stick. I should also note that these bad boys melt rather quickly, but that just means you can inhale them with no judgement! Woot!