We are in the midst of yet another cold snap and I, for one, am totally over it. While my heart tells me I should be sippin’ on strawberry watermelon mojitos and munching on roasted coconut popsicles by now, my frozen toes tell me otherwise. Though I know we’re all probably sick of hot cocoa by now, I recently discovered a new variation that’s beyond delicious and may make the frigid temperatures bearable, at least for a few minutes.
Click below for recipe…
- 2 Tbsp. Slivered almonds
- 2 cups Whole milk
- 2-3 heaping Tbsp. your favourite hot cocoa ( this one's mine )
- 1/2 tsp. Almond extract
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Chocolate shavings (optional, but recommended!)
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper, preheat oven to 350 degrees and toast almonds for 3-5 minutes, keeping a close eye on them so they don't burn.
- In a sauce pan, warm milk on low until just simmering. Remove from heat, stir in chocolate and almond extract and stir until melted.
- Pour into a tall glass, top with whipped cream, toasted almonds and chocolate shavings!
all images original to Lark & Linen
FIND ME: Pinterest | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Bloglovin’