tasty treats: chocolate chip cookies, for one

DSC_0059
Though they’re incredibly dangerous, I’m a huge fan of recipes that make just enough goodies for a single (albeit large) serving. When I first stumbled upon the recipe for single serve chocolate cake that I blogged about some time ago, I thought I had hit the jackpot. It had never occurred to me that a similar version could be found for chocolate chip cookies. Though this recipe is INSANELY good (like, maybe the best chocolate chip cookies I’ve ever made type good), I almost wish I didn’t know it existed. Since its discovery two weeks ago, I feel like I have to confess that I’ve made it three separate times. And had I not of recently run out of chocolate chips, I’m sure that number would have continued to climb. So here you have it: a dangerously delicious recipe that makes chocolate chip cookies for one (or two, if you’re feeling share-y. Though if you don’t feel like sharing I totally won’t tell).

DSC_0055 DSC_0080 DSCDSC_0073

Spread the word!Pin on Pinterest15Share on StumbleUpon0Share on Reddit0Share on Facebook11Tweet about this on Twitter3Share on TumblrShare on Google+0
CATEGORIES | Recipes, Tasty Treats
17 Responses to “tasty treats: chocolate chip cookies, for one”
  1. This is great! I usually don’t make cookies because I don’t want to pig out for days on the dozen or so I have to make!

2. I was literally reading your post with a chocolate chip cookie in my mouth. Who says you can’t have cookies for breakfast? These look right up my alley… crispy on the outside, chewy in the center? Will have to try…

Recipes for one are dangerous…more of an excuse to make them because you won’t have all the extra’s laying around. This looks yummy (and I love the way you styled it!).

Thanks Alyssa!

I know. Honestly, I need to stop googling them haha. Especially now that I’m working at home, it’s WAY too easy to throw together a mini batch instead of lunch. *confession*

4. Jill says:

I actually googled “chocolate chip cookie for one” about a week ago and found this. I found them too buttery or yolky? I think I’m going to make this again using apple sauce instead of butter.

Ahh really? I LOVED them. I actually made them three times, the first two were insane good, and I followed the exact steps the third time and they were good but not mind blowing. No idea what I did differently the third time.

Let me know if they work with apple sauce. I wouldn’t mind cutting some of the butter out either way :)

5. Kory says:

I have a feeling this could be dangerous for me. I usually avoid baking anything because I live alone and know that I will make wayyy too much. Now I have no excuse when I want something sweet and chocolaty.

6. Michelle says:

Brilliant brilliant brilliant! Having such a small batch is so helpful. I currently have a whole batch of coconut chocolate chip shortbread bars sitting on my counter. I pawned off a couple on my sister last night because I just don’t need to eat them all!

7. Kelsey says:

Such a good idea! This way I won’t eat the entire batch!

x Kelsey

8. Oh lord this is dangerous!

9. Alison says:

These cookies look absolutely divine!

10. shiroknowes says:

Love this recipe for cookies, it seemed very tasty and I’m gonna try it out with my kids !