house envy: pretty in pink

1Erich-McVey-Design-Sponge 2Erich-McVey-Design-Sponge 5Erich-McVey-Design-Sponge 17Erich-McVey-Design-Sponge4Erich-McVey-Design-Sponge

7Erich-McVey-Design-Sponge8Erich-McVey-Design-Sponge9Erich-McVey-Design-Sponge 11McVey-Design-Sponge 19McVey-Design-Spongesource

When I was a little girl, I lived down the road from a big pink house with a bright purple door, and forest green trim. While my mom thought it was abysmal, it thrilled me to no end and I was completely convinced that it would become my future home. Though my taste has, thankfully,  improved since then, the little girl within me will never tire of an ode to pink when it comes to decor. This particular home does a fantastic job of appeasing that small child, all while satisfying the adult I’ve since become. The pink fridge is the stuff that dreams are made of while the rustic and vintage touches throughout help balance what could quickly become a case of pink overload.

Spread the word!Pin on Pinterest14,798Share on Facebook4Tweet about this on Twitter1Share on TumblrShare on Reddit0
CATEGORIES | House Envy, Interior Design
20 Responses to “house envy: pretty in pink”
  1. Eleanor says:

I love a touch of pink, too. I had a bubblegum-coloured bedroom growing up (it was like that when we moved in; my parents would never have indulged me with that shade!) and I loved it. As an adult I still think that a soft, barely-there blush is a really elegant (and flattering!) alternative to white.

so jealous! I always wanted a bubblegum pink room. I did have a soft lavender one but never pink.

I totally agree. My future office is going to be a barely there blush – that’s been established

2. Love the lighting in the kitchen and the hallway with the white frames. Love the wood rustic touches as well.

3. Nikki says:

Gorgeous! The bench with the shoes is just DIVINE :)

I’m not really a pink person, but I love all the blush touches here. Such a pretty palate!

5. what a gorgeous home, I love the pink tones, although I’m almost positive my husband would not approve of this decorating style…I can always dream though

6. Chelsea says:

Oh, this space is so sweet and lovely. That fridge!! I remember this house from Design Sponge, and loving it too. I think that the draping around the bed is to die for. xo

7. I love the rustic and feminine touches throughout the home! I can’t believe that headboard was handmade too! so well done!

8. I love these touches of pink. I wish the bf would let me incorporate it more! I guess I’ll just have to sneak it in. These interiors are definitely inspiring.

9. Nancy says:

I love the black and white photography gallery wall over the bench!
    And that outdoor seating area – to die for!! If that was my home I would be out their for hours on end! Such a cute home!

10. Sarah says:

Possibly my favourite collection of home images! Great finds J, and obviously I love the pink :)

xo

11. [...] take on it. . Lark & Linen hits the design spot in her recent feature – house envy: pretty in pink. [...]

12. Pink Ronnie says:

Utterly beautiful. Nicely curated, Jacquelyn!
    Ronnie xo

13. What a fun bachelorette pad this would be. I had a VERY pink room growing up and actually my room here at St. Andrews is an extension of that. More the reason to hang out to girly pinks and childhood dreams, right?

14. [...] sunny pink home that I’m [...]