condo life: our halls, decked

| a simple pine wreath transforms our door |

As I mentioned yesterday, I much prefer understated decor when it comes to getting ready for Christmas. In lieu of knick-knacks and tchotchkes strewn about, we’ve opted to go for a natural vibe using white and green as our palette with hints of red thrown in for good measure. Here are just a few things Justin and I have done to ensure our condo is holiday-ready.

| faux-fur sheepskins set a cosy vibe (and are only $12 at Ikea) |

| a wooden bowl filled with seasonal fruit
(because clementines totally smell like Christmas) |

| we didn’t forget to show the washroom some love |

| a handful of simple snowflake ornaments
(picked up at the dollar store of all places) on our tree |

| Guinness coasters (from Ireland) & a cupboard filled with Christmas mugs
show festiveness in unexpected places |

| tree trimming remnants in a “cable-knit” vase adorn our table
and a mulled wine candle helps set the mood |

tip: when picking up your tree, ask them if they have any tree trimmings they’re willing to part with. I ended up leaving with far more than I knew what to do with – all for free! We have vases filled all over the place and the scent is intoxicating.

Share This:Pinterest53Facebook1Twitter0tumblrReddit0
CATEGORIES | christmas, condo life
24 Responses to “condo life: our halls, decked”
  1. Eleanor says:

Love your decor- it’s all so simple and lovely. The vases of greenery are such a great idea :)

2. OoOoO YAY!!! I love it!! Let the festivities begin!

3. Leigh says:

Asking for tree trimming is such a wonderful idea! I love the smell and would love to have them all over my place, but we have a fake tree… Boo.

Hey you could always go up to a random vendor and ask anyway! I could never do fake because I’m obsessed with the scent (though I could do without the clean up)

4. David Ip says:

JC, you’re making it really hard for me to maintain my grinchiness with all this great stuff you’re posting.

5. I’m in love with your decorations! Your dinning room looks beautiful!

6. Phyllis says:

I’m crazy for the sheepskins.
    Merry Christmas,
    Phyllis

I wouldn’t expect anything less than gorgeousness in your home. You have such fantastic taste!

Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

8. Sophie says:

ahh your place is just heavenly! the perfect amount of christmas cheer going on! i love it x

9. So gorgeous!!! Your dining room is fantastic! I might have pinned it immediately… :)

10. Such a good idea to ask for extra trimmings! And they accent all the white in your apartment so nicely :)

11. i love love love wreaths. they make all the difference! lovely post today!

12. Daniella says:

I love your simple decor! And a basket of clementines is a must!

13. [...] Understated Christmas decor. [...]

14. Misha says:

I am so glad that you posted that last tip. Too many moments where I’ve wanted more from the Christmas tree but had no idea how to ask…now I know. So thank you for that! Oh, and of course, your place looks winter wonderful and so elegant.:)

15. […] Als je een doorzichtige glazen vaas gebruikt, kun je onderin de vaas eventueel nog wat nepsneeuw doen of dennenappeltjes (of allebei) voor een extra touch. En je hoeft natuurlijk geen versieringen of lichtjes in de takken te hangen, puur natuur is ‘ie ook prachtig (voor als je van minimalistisch houdt). Zie voor meer foto’s zoals die hierboven: JacquelynClark.com. […]

16. […] The Kitchn, Vintagepiken, Eenig wonen, For the love of pretty,Lark&Linen, Frichic,La casa è dove si trova il cuore, […]