tasty treats: pumpkin spice cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese frosting

For reasons I’m unable to explain, I had been finding it difficult to say goodbye to summer. By late-August  most years I’m more than ready for cooler temperatures, cosy knits and knee-high boots but not this time. While it feels unseasonably warm mid-day, there’s an undeniable crispness in the air during my morning bike rides to work which was leaving me less than impressed. Instead of fighting the inevitable, I’ve made an effort to embrace what’s to come. On Sunday morning I woke up early with the urge to bake. I promptly put on some music, flung open the windows and got to it, donning flannel pjs and all. Using this recipe, our condo quickly transformed into a fall-like haven: crisp gold cupcake foils, and wafting scents of pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg filled our home, and those familiar autumn urges came rushing in. It was just what I needed to get me into the fall spirit once more. And further proof that cupcakes make all of the things right in the world.

Spread the word!Pin on Pinterest61Share on Facebook12Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on TumblrShare on Reddit0
CATEGORIES | Recipes, Tasty Treats
18 Responses to “tasty treats: pumpkin spice cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese frosting”

I was hanging on to summer too, but once I made mini apple pies and the smell filled the apartment, I was completely on board with fall! Funny how that happens :) These look so yummy!
    -Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

2. Anna-Rosa says:

They look delicious!! I really want one now..! yummy! If I had made those I would be more than happy with fall.. I m having issues letting summer go too.. that’s why I got rid of everything that reminds it to me. Including photos!! but the weather is not helping me at all round here ^^

Ours is pretty tempermental. It’s hard to dress for it! In the morning I’m cold but by the evening I’m trying to strip down of my layers. I kind of wish mother nature would just make up her mind already

3. Yum – those look delicious! Can’t wait to cook everything with cinnamon and pumpkin for fall!

4. Sarah says:

I think you just made me finally crave fall as well :) There are some carrot cake squares (that include pumpkin) I’ve been waiting to make, you have inspired me! I think I’ll try this recipe soon too! Thanks for sharing J! xo

5. Yum! I love pumpkin season.

6. I’m having the same problem this year. I think pumpkin cupcakes is the perfect solution!

7. Loving the gold foil!!! I must get myself some of that!!

8. Pink Ronnie says:

Your food photography is truly beautiful Jacquelyn!
    Ronnie xo

9. Caroline says:

Love these gorgeous photos ~ I want to make these, like, yesterday!

10. […] pink * places : grand hotel convento di amalfi * runway : josie natoria spring 2013 * recipe : pumpkin spice cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese frosting * at the shops : these brocade straight-leg pants & these swarovski and glass crystal drop […]