scenes from my weekend

polka dots & plaid | ramen & Sapporos at Kinton
getting lost in the country | goodies at the Christie Antique Market
incredible fireworks from our balcony

Justin was working evenings last week (ie: he would leave for work at 5:30 and I’d arrive home at 6) which meant we were literally on opposite schedules for days on end. Feeling slightly disconnected as a result, we made an effort to spend the entire weekend together to make up for lost time. We managed to accomplish a number of activities that had been on our to do list including taking in a Tiff film (no star sightings though – unless George Stroumboulopoulos counts?), visiting the Christie antique market and dinner at a ramen noodle bar that I’d been eager to try. On Saturday evening, after a long day, we decided to keep it low-key and hang out in our pjs with a movie. Midway through the movie, fireworks began going off right outside our window. We quickly headed out to the balcony, blanket in hand, and spent a solid twenty minutes taking in what was easily one of the most amazing firework display I’ve ever seen. We’re still unsure where they came from and what they were for (Tiff maybe?) but it only further solidified our love for this incredible city.

Spread the word!Pin on Pinterest0Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on TumblrShare on Reddit0
CATEGORIES | Life, Scenes from my Weekend
20 Responses to “scenes from my weekend”
  1. Eleanor says:

Hmm, I’m not sure George Stroumboulopoulos counts but it did make me laugh! :) Oh, I always wish I was back in TO when TIFF rolls around- glad you had a lovely weekend!

2. Sophie says:

sounds so so perfect. you + justin are beautiful! and that antique market looks amazing! x

3. Ella says:

I think I might steal your polka dot top. You’re lucky I live on the other side of the world :)

In unrelated news, has anyone mentioned that your RSS feed doesn’t display images anymore? This is a fairly recent phenomenon. Maybe you set it up that way? I doalways click in to see the post on your proper website anyway but just thought you should know!

Really!?
      That’s very strange – I’ll look into that! Despite blogging for 2.5 years I’m still a bit of a newbie – sometimes I play around with settings and have no idea what I’m actually doing haha
      Thanks for letting me know!

4. Sounds and looks like the most relaxing weekend. I wish we had a Ramen noodle bar, here!

5. alexa says:

One of the most annoying things is to be off schedule. Glad you had a nice weekend!

I love your sweater! And that antique market looks absolutely amazing to wander through–I hope you found something good!

-Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

7. I spy that adorable polka dot sweater! I may have to be a total copy cat and get one for myself. ;) Twins?

8. Julia says:

This antique market seems gorgeous!

9. Looks lovely!! I’m so jealous that you watched fireworks from your balcony!! I need a fireworks display in my life…asap.

10. Anna says:

Wow. Sounds like you did have a lovely weekend. Photos are incredibly beautiful, too. I absolutely adore them! :)

11. diana says:

glad you and justin had a great weekend together! photos are beautiful x

12. one of these days, you’ll have to give us photography tips. your pictures are so inspiring.