Lifestyle Personal Posts Scenes from my Week

scenes from my weekend

bachelorette parties | sangria on a patio | en-route to the island
Center Island swan rides! | Chelsea beach
sweatpants & fudgesicles at the drive-in | mini-canada day celebrations

If you could see our condo right now you would know for certainty that we have put all of our responsibilities on the back-burner in order to enjoy this past weekend – and it was, undoubtedly, worth it. Our place borderlines on disaster, I will unquestionably  have to sift through a pile of dirty laundry in order to find something to wear this week and we have no food in the house. Zero (seriously). But I wouldn’t change it for the world.

Saturday was dedicated to my dear friend Noémie, who has been a wonderful part of my life for the last 19 years and who’s tying the knot  in just a few short weeks. We began our day on a friends rooftop pool, attempting to soak in just a touch of colour before the big day. As a surprise, we hired a psychic to come and do each of our individual readings. While I’ve always been open to the idea of psychics, sixth senses and the like, I was surprised at how accurate the whole ordeal was and I can’t wait to see if her predictions will play out. I have to say, right off the bat she knew some pretty intense things that had me reeling from the start. It was a really interesting experience, to say the least.

The evening followed with a lavish dinner at Susur Lee’s restaurant, Lee. It was easily the best meal I’ve ever had in my entire life, and urge anyone and everyone to make their way there*. We finished off at Pravda with the requisite booth, bottle and good old-fashioned girl time.

As an attempt to recover from my first ever bachelorette party experience, on Sunday a handful of friends and I made our way the island for a bit more fun in the sun. Following our beach day, Justin and I donned our comfiest sweats, loaded up on cold treats, and made our way to the drive-in in to top it all off. All in all, it was an exceptional weekend. What did you get up to!? I’d love to know!

*if you do happen to find yourself at Lee’s, get the slaw. Made up of 18 ingredients with a dressing that takes no less than 3 days to make, it was, by far, the best thing I’ve ever eaten. Ever.

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

32 Comments

Kate {Modette}
    July 3, 2012 at 4:55 am

You are an incredible photographer! I seriously just love your blog. x

Kate {Modette}

July 4, 2012 at 6:59 pm

Thank you so much! You’re so sweet

Louise Chochla
    July 3, 2012 at 7:47 am

Your weekend sounds fantastic…..congratulations to lovely Noemie.

Your generation certainly knows how to do things right..

See you soon.

Love Mom

July 4, 2012 at 6:59 pm

Thanks mom! We had lots of fun :)

Maria @ All Things Luxurious
    July 3, 2012 at 8:44 am

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! :-) I looove white sangria. There is a restaurant downtown that my husband and I go to and during the summer, that is my staple drink!

July 4, 2012 at 6:59 pm

I alternate between sangria and mojitos. It’s a rough life, really!

Tiffany @ Savor Home
    July 3, 2012 at 8:51 am

Congrats to Noémie! It looks like you had a great time. I just die over your photos every week!

July 4, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Thanks Tiffany :) You leave the best comments

Jessica
    July 3, 2012 at 9:11 am

That photo of the beach with miles of sky is breathtaking!

July 4, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Thanks you Jessica! We were blessed with a PERFECT beach day

ana {bluebirdkisses}
    July 3, 2012 at 9:41 am

I can totally sympathize…I have no food and no clean clothing. We spend 3 days in Muskoka and yesterday was supposed to be our “clean up” day…but i vetoed it in favor of bike rides on lakeshore with the baby. Ah well. Sometimes takeout is worth it on days like that.

July 4, 2012 at 7:00 pm

SO worth it! We definitely had takeout ourselves

///fantabulously
    July 3, 2012 at 9:46 am

sounds like a fantabulous weekend!

I second the recommendation for susur’s slaw! I had it for the first time when Lee first opened a few years ago, and I’ve used any excuse to go back. Recently a friend and I have been craving it, and we’ll sometimes go for an after work treat of slaw and white wine. It’s the most delicious thing to do after work, hands down.

July 4, 2012 at 7:01 pm

um that’s the best idea I’ve heard in a while. Will ABSOLUTELY be doing that!

Shodja
    July 3, 2012 at 11:48 am

It’s a delight of the eyes and an enjoyment of the soul watching your photos. Lovely to read your journal.
    I will keep in mind dinner at Susur Lee’s restaurant, and to get the slaw. You’re invited! Pravda is also on my list now. Thank you for sharing. Loveliest blog.
    Lunch with my son and his family, pool with my grandsons chasing me with their waterguns, watching Euro Soccer Final, nice teamwork by Spain scoring 4 goals + some last minutes fireworks at Mel Lastman Square, 5 minutes from where I live…

July 4, 2012 at 7:01 pm

It sounds like you had a pretty great weekend yourself!

Jessie M
    July 3, 2012 at 12:23 pm

I have always wanted to check out Susur Lee’s restaurant! You are lucky! Looks like better weather than we’re having out on the Wet Coast! Happy Canada Day!

July 4, 2012 at 7:02 pm

omg Jessie it was unreal!!!
      Happy belated Canada day :)

kelly
    July 3, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Sounds like a lovely weekend. I hear you on the whole zero food situation – our fridge is desolate – full of only beer, eggs and condiments. Ha. Can’t wait to get out of town for the holiday. Hope you have a lovely 4th.

July 4, 2012 at 7:02 pm

Confession: it’s three days later and we STILL haven’t gone grocery shopping. I’m not quite sure what I’ve been surviving on…

Victoria | Haute
    July 3, 2012 at 4:50 pm

Sounds like a very enjoyable weekend!! If only every weekend were like that ;) I need to go to the drive-in asap.

July 4, 2012 at 7:03 pm

The picture quality was terrible, but it was fun all the same :) On Sundays a car-load of people is only $25!

sarah o'brien
    July 3, 2012 at 5:22 pm

that lake looks beautiful!

July 4, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Too bad its unswimable. Sigh. If we could actually swim in our lake Toronto would be perfect. I’d never need to leave!

Alexa
    July 3, 2012 at 5:26 pm

Ooh so interesting about the psychic! You’ll have to keep us updated. Looks like a fantastic weekend! :)

July 4, 2012 at 7:04 pm

I will!! I should write a post on her predictions and see if they come true

Gaby [The Vault Files]
    July 3, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Ohhh I would do anything to spend the day on the island right now, beautiful pics! My sis in law was there on Sunday too, she took her bike and had a picnic, so jealous!

July 4, 2012 at 7:05 pm

It was a perfect day for an island picnic! I wonder if we crossed paths :)

Pink Ronnie
    July 4, 2012 at 6:29 pm

I’m so glad you decided to just enjoy the weekend. I’m terrible at doing that myself, and admire people who do! Great photos too.
    Ronnie xo

July 4, 2012 at 7:05 pm

Thanks Ronnie! It’s so necessary sometimes. I too am pretty bad at allowing myself to just let go – but when I do it feels oh so good

Tara
    July 5, 2012 at 11:09 am

I haven’t been to Lee, but I just tried Ruby Watchco and it BLEW MY MIND. You have to check it out if you haven’t. (And I’m adding Lee to my list stat!

July 9, 2012 at 10:45 pm

I’ve tried to get reservations there four times now! The one time I succeeded I had to cancel because I came down with the flu. I’ve heard such amazing things!!