Lifestyle Personal Posts Scenes from my Week

scenes from my weekend.

{saturday brunch at l’ouvrier}{two of my very favourite people}{board games & champagne}{getting ready}{girls night out aka happy to be reunited}

After almost six months in Ireland, one of my best friends has returned home. While I rarely struggle to find a reason to celebrate any occasion, this one was deemed worthy of a little bit extra. Whether it was mimosas at brunch, a second bottle of wine at dinner, or accompanying our mid-evening board game with a sip of champagne, the girls and I definitely made up for the last six months apart. I’m just so thrilled that she’s home.
ps: I added the rest of my Barcelona pictures to my Facebook page if you care to take a look!
Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

HRCK the Herald
    January 9, 2012 at 9:16 am

I haven’t seen that board game before– what is it?

January 9, 2012 at 9:22 am

It’s called Sequence. It’s fun!

January 9, 2012 at 9:18 am

Aw this looks lovely, I’m glad you had fun.. its always good when you see a friend after a long time, and definitely cause for celebration

January 9, 2012 at 9:25 am

That board game looked nice – and so do all of you of course! :-)

January 9, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Sounds like a great weekend…and I love the idea of board games and champagne!

ana {bluebirdkisses}
    January 9, 2012 at 12:37 pm

love any excuse to sip on champy :) looks like a lovely weekend

January 9, 2012 at 1:09 pm

What a fun weekend and what a gorgeous group of gals!

Ready for my orchid secrets? I think the key is to have it in a place where it gets a lot of light, but not DIRECT sunlight. It also can’t be too hot or too cold. Water ONLY once a week, and make sure the roots and soil get lots of air flow (I let mine just sit on a little plate so the water can drain out and the roots get a lot of air). I also fertilize it every few weeks with some orchid food, but I didn’t start doing that until a few months in, when I was sure I wasn’t going to immediately kill it (which I do most all other plants).

January 10, 2012 at 9:48 am

ok well I am totally doing everything wrong! Is it salvageable if the leaves are still green (but the stems are crispy?)

January 13, 2012 at 8:31 am

It’s kind of pooh-poohed but I like to use a spray bottle of water to mist mine every now and then, and for watering, I just douse the roots in the sink and let everything drain out. Really depends on the type of orchid too.

There are volumes of books on the subject, but here’s a good primer:

BTW everyone looks terrific in that last photo, especially AC, has she lost weight? Do tell her I said hi :-)

January 9, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Looks like such a fun weekend…board games and champagne…perfection!!

January 10, 2012 at 9:47 am

you can’t really beat that combination, can you?

Mr. Taylor and his Lady
    January 9, 2012 at 7:06 pm

adore all of these pictures. what a great weekend!

January 9, 2012 at 9:55 pm

Looks like you had an ab fab weekend! L’ouvrier looks pretty…and white! Brunch menu looks delish!

January 10, 2012 at 9:47 am

It’s really beautiful there! Very white – you would love it!

January 11, 2012 at 12:15 pm

I love board game nights! I had one too on Sunday night but it didn’t look nearly as glamorous as yours. The champagne must have been a lovely touch!

January 11, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Looks like a lovely weekend! Board games and champagne sound great to me :)

January 17, 2012 at 1:13 pm

I just stumbled upon your blog. it is beautiful!!!! Love the Barcelona photos. That place is on my bucket list. Looking forward to more posts. Xo.