scenes from my weekend.

{saturday brunch at l’ouvrier}{two of my very favourite people}{board games & champagne}{getting ready}{girls night out aka happy to be reunited}

After almost six months in Ireland, one of my best friends has returned home. While I rarely struggle to find a reason to celebrate any occasion, this one was deemed worthy of a little bit extra. Whether it was mimosas at brunch, a second bottle of wine at dinner, or accompanying our mid-evening board game with a sip of champagne, the girls and I definitely made up for the last six months apart. I’m just so thrilled that she’s home.
ps: I added the rest of my Barcelona pictures to my Facebook page if you care to take a look!
Spread the word!Pin on Pinterest0Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on TumblrShare on Reddit0
CATEGORIES | Life, Scenes from my Weekend
19 Responses to “scenes from my weekend.”
  1. I haven’t seen that board game before– what is it?

2. Charlotte says:

Aw this looks lovely, I’m glad you had fun.. its always good when you see a friend after a long time, and definitely cause for celebration

3. tinajo says:

That board game looked nice – and so do all of you of course! :-)

4. Alexa says:

Sounds like a great weekend…and I love the idea of board games and champagne!

5. love any excuse to sip on champy :) looks like a lovely weekend

6. What a fun weekend and what a gorgeous group of gals!

Ready for my orchid secrets? I think the key is to have it in a place where it gets a lot of light, but not DIRECT sunlight. It also can’t be too hot or too cold. Water ONLY once a week, and make sure the roots and soil get lots of air flow (I let mine just sit on a little plate so the water can drain out and the roots get a lot of air). I also fertilize it every few weeks with some orchid food, but I didn’t start doing that until a few months in, when I was sure I wasn’t going to immediately kill it (which I do most all other plants).

ok well I am totally doing everything wrong! Is it salvageable if the leaves are still green (but the stems are crispy?)

• davidifc says:

It’s kind of pooh-poohed but I like to use a spray bottle of water to mist mine every now and then, and for watering, I just douse the roots in the sink and let everything drain out. Really depends on the type of orchid too.

There are volumes of books on the subject, but here’s a good primer: http://www.orchidsusa.com/Culture-Guide.pdf

BTW everyone looks terrific in that last photo, especially AC, has she lost weight? Do tell her I said hi :-)

7. designchic says:

Looks like such a fun weekend…board games and champagne…perfection!!

8. adore all of these pictures. what a great weekend!

9. Jordana says:

Looks like you had an ab fab weekend! L’ouvrier looks pretty…and white! Brunch menu looks delish!

10. Lauren says:

I love board game nights! I had one too on Sunday night but it didn’t look nearly as glamorous as yours. The champagne must have been a lovely touch!

11. Shoko says:

Looks like a lovely weekend! Board games and champagne sound great to me :)

12. Chelsea says:

I just stumbled upon your blog. it is beautiful!!!! Love the Barcelona photos. That place is on my bucket list. Looking forward to more posts. Xo.