Lifestyle Personal Posts Scenes from my Week

scenes from my weekend.

I spent this past weekend soaking up the last little bits of summer that remain. From bare arms and lacy tops to meet friends for drinks on Friday, to brunching al fresco at Bonjour Brioche (where I obviously ordered the homemade blueberry lemonade, because if that isn’t summer in a glass then I don’t know what is). On our way back home, walking off the calories that is eggy bread and gruyère, we stumbled upon handfuls of new-to-me stores in Leslieville. I couldn’t help but treat myself to some olive lavande Savon de Marseille soap.

I’ve been doing that a lot lately; purchasing myself little gifts that I otherwise wouldn’t dream of (like $27 soap from France, which is so indulgent it’s ridiculous). You see, I’ve been excited to share with you that both Justin and I have accepted new jobs. Today is his first day so if you have a few good vibes to spare feel free to send them in his direction. And next Tuesday will be my turn. I must admit, I am sad to be leaving what has become a comfortable, happy little bubble filled with tons of freedom, some great clients, and even better co-workers who I can safely call my friends. But I am excited for the opportunities that lay ahead. With that in mind, last night Justin and I celebrated. We celebrated with wine and pizza at Queen Margherita (some of the very best), and nutella crème brulée. And soap, of course. Soap from France, because it’s a life necessity (but let me tell you, the bottle is gorgeous (and reusable) and the soap smells like love). All to say is that things are good. They’re really, really good. How was your weekend? I’d love to know.

update: I’ve gotten a few comments/tweets/emails asking what I’m going to be doing at my new job. Just to clarify, I’m still going to be working as an interior designer, I will just be switching firms. The new firm is much larger than my current one, and has a larger focus’ on residential/hospitality design. I’m really excited to further pursue other aspects of the field!

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

tobe | because it's awesome
    August 29, 2011 at 10:24 am

so excited for you both, miss! french soap is imperative for such a celebration ox

August 29, 2011 at 10:29 am

Congratulations to both of you! What is your new gig? That soap sounds like a necessity. A gorgeous little necessity. xoxo

August 29, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Thanks Chelsea! I’m still working as an interior designer, I’m just switching firms. I’m going to a significantly larger firm with a ton of residential and hospitality work which I’m really excited to further pursue!

August 29, 2011 at 10:46 am

Congrats! I hope the transition is more sweet than bitter. And your weekend looked super yummy!

Whitney Johnson
    August 29, 2011 at 11:06 am

all these pictures are so beautiful, and congratulations on the new jobs! :)

Alinka Johnson
    August 29, 2011 at 12:13 pm

Sounds like a great weekend and congrats on your new job!!! I wish you both the best!

and congrats on that soap girl! I know it’s amazing!

August 29, 2011 at 2:59 pm

I love the lace top in the first piccie. F.A.B

Erika Lee Sears
    August 29, 2011 at 3:07 pm

congrats on the new job! I think it’s completely ok to do indulgences- it’s not like going out and buying a lambargini :)

August 29, 2011 at 3:59 pm

Nutella Creme Brulee?!! Oh my word!!!!!! I want your weekend!

Kayla @ Exquisite Banana
    August 29, 2011 at 4:56 pm

Congratulations on the new jobs for both you and yours! French soap is 100% justifiable. I’m constantly buying myself little presents, except I don’t have any excuse ;-)

August 29, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Amazing! Congrats on your new gig. I know you’ll be brilliant. :)

I love that lace top you’re wearing (where’s it from? It kind of reads vintage!), and yes, Savon de Marseille is such a necessary indulgence. Enjoy every second.

August 30, 2011 at 3:47 pm

Thanks Victoria! It’s actually from Zara, and I literally just picked it up so it’s probably still around!

August 29, 2011 at 11:22 pm

New job! Exciting times! Congrats. Definitely an event worthy of luxury soap. If it makes you feel any better, I’ve spent about $100 on a candle that I’m slightly allergic to.

As an aside, I want in on that blueberry lemonade! And fabulous photos, as always!

August 30, 2011 at 3:47 pm

haha Ella you made me feel a lot better about my purchase. That’s such a shame!

August 30, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Thanks everyone! <3

Karlee Thomas
    September 8, 2011 at 12:07 pm

LOVE the lace top and bracelet!! Can you find them in the states? :)

September 13, 2011 at 11:40 pm

Karlee! Sorry for the delay, I just saw this now. The top is from Zara so I’m sure you can find it! The bracelet was actually given to me by a friend – I’m not sure where she got it but it’s got to be at least 8 years old by now!