I don’t know about you, but by 3:00 most days I’m in need of a bit of a pick-me-up. As hard as I try to avoid it, I often find myself craving a sweet treat which, lately, has a striking resemblance to a mug of hot chocolate. I’ve recently begun making a concerted effort to take better care of myself, and have improved my diet by a significant amount. But am always of the mindset that life is too short to not indulge every now and again. The secret, as far as I’m concerned, is moderation. And these little dark chocolate coconut bites are a great way to satisfy those midday cravings, without overdoing it.
- 4 cups shredded, unsweetened, coconut
- 1 can sweetened, condensed milk
- 12 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- sea salt (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut and condensed milk until combined. Roll into 1" balls, place on parchment lined baking sheet and place in the freezer for 15 minutes or so, until hardened.
- In a separate bowl, melt the chocolate (I usually use a double boiler but you can easily do it in the microwave).
- Gently roll your coconut balls in the melted chocolate, sprinkle with a little salt, and place in fridge until hardened.