Will you take away my blogger card if I confess that I don’t like pumpkin spice lattes? I don’t get them. I’m not sure I ever will. But Camille Style‘s vanilla spiced earl grey latte? Now THAT is a spicy beverage I can get on board with. While I will never judge you for your pumpkin spicing ways (in fact, I do often wonder if I’m the weirdo here), this particular warm beverage is the perfect solution to those crisp and grey fall mornings. Void of any cloying spices and over the top sweetness, it’s still rich in flavour, can be made in minutes, and smells like heaven sent.
- 2 cups milk of your preference
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 4-6 cardamom pods
- 2 earl grey tea bags
- honey, to taste
- Warm your milk over medium-low heat with a medium saucepan (with a lid).
- Scrape the seeds of the vanilla bean into your milk mixture, toss in the bean itself and the cardamom pods. Bring the mixture to a low boil, toss in the tea bags, cover, remove from heat and let steep 10 minutes.
- Pour through a tea strainer over your mugs, stir in honey to sweeten and enjoy!