Okay, so this cinnamon bun popcorn most definitely doesn’t fit into the clean eating you likely have planned this month, but allow me to be the devil on your shoulder for just a quick second. In my mind, rules are meant to be broken. And if you ARE going to break your new years diet, this recipe right here would be the thing to break it with. Because, I mean, cinnamon bun popcorn. ‘Nuff said (can I pull off ’nuff? I’m not sure I can pull off ’nuff). It was originally featured on Rue Daily just before the holidays, but it’s so dang good that I wanted it up on my pages too! Plus, when I made it for my popcorn bar way back when, it was the first of five flavours to be devoured. Gone. Almost instantly.
Click here for more recipes! And read on for this one…
- 12 cups popped popcorn (1/2 cup kernels)
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp. real vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Mix pecans and popped popcorn in large bowl.
- In a medium size saucepan, melt brown sugar, cinnamon, corn syrup and butter over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture comes to a rolling boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and baking soda. At this point, the mixture will foam up and rise very quickly.
- Pour overtop the popcorn/pecans and toss to coat.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or tinfoil and evenly spread out the popcorn mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10. Then remove from oven, let cool completely and break into pieces.
Click here for more recipes!