I would never intentionally will the summer months away, but come mid-August I’m typically ready for fall to begin. It’s my favourite season after all, what with its cozy sweaters, glorious hues and crisp evenings. But this year? This year is different. Perhaps it’s the fact that the weather has been unseasonably cool up until recently, but I really don’t feel as if I’ve had my fair share of the season. So for the next few weeks, I’m making it my mission to tackle everything left on my summer bucket list. And up first on that list: suck back a whole buttload of Henry Happened‘s watermelon mojitos! They’re like summer in a glass and you really can’t go wrong.
Click below for the recipe!
- 4 large watermelon cubes, seeds removed
- 2 lime wedges
- 1 Tbsp. simple syrup
- 6 to 8 mint leaves, plus a sprig for garnish
- 2 oz white rum
- Club soda
- Place watermelon, lime wedges, simple syrup and mint in your glass
- Muddle until mint leaves are bruised and juices are released from the melon.
- Add ice and rum
- Top with club soda and garnish with another watermelon wedge and mint sprig!
Click here for more recipes!