Today marks the first official day of spring! And though there’s still bits of snow on the ground, I truly couldn’t be more excited. This winter has been a long one and though it doesn’t feel over quite yet, the days are getting longer, the weather warmer and for that, I’m excited. To celebrate? Rootbeer float popsicles, of course! I whipped these babies up during a particularly warm day last week and have since decided that they’re the perfect way to embrace the upcoming season. I have a feeling my popsicle moulds will be getting quite the workout in the coming months.
Click below for recipe…
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups flat root beer (pour into glass and let sit overnight)
- 1. Fill popsicle molds 1/3 full with flat rootbeer and freeze for 30 minutes.
- 2. In the meantime, in a heavy saucepan, heat the milk and cream until it begins to simmer.
- 3. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks, sugar, vanilla and salt until double in size and light in colour.
- 4. Pour half of the simmering milk mixture into the yolk mixture and whisk until smooth.
- 5. Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and place over medium heat and cook for 1-2 minutes until mixture thickens. Make sure it doesn't boil!
- 6. Remove from heat, pour into bowl and let cool in an ice bath.
- 7. Add custard to popsicle molds until they're 2/3rds full, add your popsicle sticks and freeze for 30 minutes.
- 8. Remove from freezer, top up with remaining rootbeer and place back in freezer for 3 hours.
Click here for more recipes!
all images original to Lark & Linen
FIND ME: Pinterest | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Bloglovin’