Tasty Treats: Lavender Lemonade

lavender-lemonade-1So this is kind of awkward, but I actually picked up these pretty purple glasses over two years ago thinking “these will be PERFECT for a lavender lemonade post”. And though they’ve been well used and loved ever since, there they sat unfulfilling their rightful duty. Until now! Because I finally tried this recipe that I’ve been eyeing forever, and I’m so glad that I did. It basically tastes like summer in liquid format, and that excites me to no end.

lavender-lemonade-4lavender-lemonade-3 lavender-lemonade-5

Need2-1/2 cups water
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon dried lavender flowers
2-1/2 cups cold water
1 cup lemon juice
Ice cubes

DO1. In a large saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil.

2. Remove from the heat; add lavender. Cover and let stand for 1 hour.

3. Strain, discarding lavender.

4. Stir in cold water and lemon juice. Serve over ice.

Yields: 6 servings
line
Original Recipe

Spread the word!Pin on Pinterest341Share on StumbleUpon0Share on Reddit0Share on Facebook7Tweet about this on Twitter1Share on TumblrShare on Google+0
CATEGORIES | Recipes, Tasty Treats
20 Responses to “Tasty Treats: Lavender Lemonade”
  1. Estela says:

Delicious!

2. Ha ha. I love that you bought the glasses with such a specific purpose in mind. Awesome.

I know – I can’t believe I even admitted that! As a blogger, it happens ;) I make sure I love them for other things though as well. I once bought a big colourful bowl from Anthropologie specifically for popcorn too (to date, it’s still our popcorn bowl, I don’t think it’s seen any other uses)

I love mixing up my lemonade in summer–I’ve done all sorts of fruit, but never lavender. It sounds so exotic and french…I’ll have to try!

4. Lauren says:

Gorgeous! I love making lavender simple syrup… for lemonade, ice cream, salad dressing. And I’ve totally got a little random assortment (from Anthro) of “for the blog” purchases too ;)

haha I feel like you can’t call yourself a blogger until you have “for the blog” items!

And salad dressing? I’m so intrigued!

5. This sounds delish, and looks beautiful, would be so perfect for a summer gathering!

6. Leigh says:

Simply lovely and they look delicious! I’m glad the glasses finally got to fulfill their duty ;)

7. Leah // Freutcake says:

Blogger twins for life! ;) Lavender lemonade sounds amazing btw. I will definitely give it a try.

8. Caitlin says:

These glasses are gorgeous, I’m such a sucker for detailed glasses! :) I cant wait to make this and enjoy it in the classic English summer we all know and love to be rain…

Caitlin x

9. Chelsey says:

What a sophisticated twist on lemonade- you’re photos are gorgeous, the glasses were a perfect choice!

10. in the garden of our house’s courtyard there is lots of lavender… I think summer dissertation reading sessions on the beach with a bottle of lavender lemon is a must!

11. this looks so delicious and perfect for a warm spring/summer day!

12. […] furniture. Fish dish, adorable. These two films from Joel Serrato are perfect. Might whip up a big batch of this over the weekend. I have a beach bag addition, this one is my latest lust. *Photo via Pottery […]

13. […] perfumes, aromatherapy, medicine, and even recipes. You’ll flip for this one I found for homemade Lavender Lemonade. With only four ingredients, including water, this beverage is a refreshing and simple alternative […]