Lifestyle Personal Posts Travel

Wanderings: Florida

florida - 01Though I’ve been back for just under a week now, I inadvertently took an additional few days off from this ol’ blog here. Is it alright for me to blame the Florida sun? I just couldn’t get my act together last week no matter how hard I tried. But I’m back! And I’ve missed you guys! So in case you were wondering what has kept me away, here’s a little preview in photography format.

Despite the fact that I was working the majority of the time I was gone (once-more, working from “home” proves its worth!), I still managed to squeeze in a bit of fun in the sun (this might be evident from this collection of photos). If I’m being completely honest, this mini getaway could not have come at a better time. Between long hours at “the office”, attempting 3-4 hours of studying each evening, and trying to manage some semblance of a social life (ha!), I had long been burning the candle at both ends (I legitimately thought I might lose it a handful of times there.) But they say that the cure to all ailments is salt water – sweat, tears, or the sea, and such statement has never felt more true. So if you’re ever feeling more than overwhelmed, may I suggest the beach? It really does do great things for one’s soul.

florida - 02florida - 10 florida - 03 florida - 04florida - 05 florida - 07 florida - 11DSC_0119florida - 13 florida - 14 florida - 15 florida - 16 florida - 17

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

April 15, 2013 at 6:32 am

Welcome back Jacquelyn! Your pictures are beautiful! I’m glad to hear that you had some time to get rejuvenated. You’re a very busy lady these days!

April 15, 2013 at 7:12 am

gorgeous photos! I love the hints of pink throughout the photos.

Quinn Cooper
    April 15, 2013 at 7:41 am

I love Florida. I used to not really get it. When I met my husband and his parents had a winter place there we started going there a lot to get our of the NYC cold once in a while. Now I understand why people love it so much. There is just something great about it. Your pics are great!
    xo Quinn

Quinn Cooper Style

May 2, 2013 at 5:41 pm

Thanks Quinn!

And I totally agree. It’s practically the only place I go and literally just do nothing. Beach. Eat. Hang out. It’s just insanely relaxing!

Victoria | Haute
    April 15, 2013 at 9:03 am

Looks like such a relaxing time (even with work & studying). I could so use a beach vacation about now!

April 15, 2013 at 9:29 am

LOVE that picture of the ice cream sandwich and the ocean! The colors are all so pretty, and I’m sure you had the best time. Everyone deserves a break now and then!

Tiffany @ Savor Home
    April 15, 2013 at 9:48 am

I missed you! It looks like you had a fantastic time! I wish I could snatch that cookie from the picture. :)

April 15, 2013 at 9:49 am

Stunning pictures! That ice cream sandwich looks incredible–now I’m craving one!

Gaby [The Vault Files]
    April 15, 2013 at 10:21 am

So blissful! I feel relaxed just looking at your photos ;)

April 15, 2013 at 11:28 am

Having just experienced a beach vacation and then plopped right back to reality (a 9-5…), I completely understand (:

Your inspirations were sorely missed but it was a well-deserved break! Love the pictures!

April 15, 2013 at 11:30 am

I just love gazing at your photos! These are stunning. So happy you had a lovely time – even if you were working!

Chloe Moon
    April 15, 2013 at 12:12 pm

I’ve only been to florida once in my life and looking at your pictures I want to go again!!! =)

April 15, 2013 at 1:02 pm

What a beautiful trip and a good sorta-break. I have always followed the salt water prescription. xo

aunt donna
    April 15, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Welcome back, Jacquelyn. I SO miss the Bahamas and was happy to hear that you found some sand, sea and sunshine for yourself. It really does make one feel great, especially during this never-ending winter.
    Love your photos…I keep looking at mine and wishing I was still there.
    Stay well and Hi to Justin,
    Love, Aunt Donna

April 15, 2013 at 3:06 pm

What a gorgeous roundup of photos – you have such a good eye! I’ve been burning the candle at both ends too, so I know how it is!

April 15, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Just staring at these photos is soothing! Looks like you had an amazing time. I feel ya on the burning the candle at both ends!

Tobe | Because It's Awesome
    April 16, 2013 at 10:30 am

i need you to live closer so you can document my life, too. your photos are always sooooooooooo gorge, my dear. glad you had a good time!

April 21, 2013 at 10:54 am