Lifestyle Personal Posts Scenes from my Week

scenes from my weekend

nadege-macarons-&-cocktails-small{girls’ night, complete with Nadege macarons & tarragon cocktails}

high-tea-at-the-ritz-2{high tea @ the ritz}

high-tea{so. many. sweets @ high tea}

manicure{mini manicures}

at-home-brunch{at home Sunday brunch & study sessions}

You wouldn’t know it from this series of photos, but the majority of my weekend was spent with my nose deep in the books. I don’t believe I’ve mentioned it thusfar on this here blog, but I’m currently knee-deep in all things Interior Design related as I study for my licensing exam. Luckily, a handful of my very favourite friends are in the same boat which definitely alleviates some of the pain (study sessions paired with friends and fun treats are infinitely better than the alternative).

On Friday, I did manage to take a bit of a break as I squeezed in a low-key girls’ night for a friend in town from Montreal. Obviously we watched the Beyoncé documentary. And Saturday I totally snuck away for high tea & catch-ups with the lovely ladies that make up my family. Work hard, play hard, right? Despite knowingly starting this week with a fried brain, I have to admit it was a pretty fantastic weekend over all. How was yours? I’d love to know!

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

Sal (bluebonnets for sal)
    February 25, 2013 at 8:37 am

Looks like a happy weekend! I hope you have a beautiful week and keep up the wonderful work on your blog- it is such a treat to read =)
    xx Sal

February 25, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Thank you Sal! I appreciate that.

Tiffany @ Savor Home
    February 25, 2013 at 8:47 am

I adore your dining area! Good luck with your studying. I had good friends studying with me, too when I got my license and it is such a big help! Have a great week!

February 25, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Thanks Tiffany! I just got a new rug and I secretly wanted to show it off haha. I’m happy with how it’s shaping up :)

It TOTALLY helps to have a bit of a support system when you think you’re going to lose it. Only 2 more months to go… ugh.

Megan {A RAY OF SUN}
    February 25, 2013 at 8:59 am

Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend! I’ve been dying to watch the Bey documentary but have yet to! Did you love it or hate it? I’ve heard reactions on both sides of the spectrum and need to find out for myself!

I know how you feel about stuyding, I’m still in college and spent a lot of my time this weekend reading for class!

February 25, 2013 at 1:47 pm

I actually really enjoyed it! I thought that it was pretty cheesy, but it was entertaining and I have a lot more respect for her than ever. The girls talent, no question, but she also seems pretty down to earth, has her head on straight and is a power-house business wise. I never really wrapped my head around the whole obsession in the past, but I can see where people are coming from now.

Gaby [The Vault Files]
    February 25, 2013 at 10:09 am

I love high tea, haven’t had it in ages! Love your dinning, looks likes it gets some beautiful light!

February 25, 2013 at 1:47 pm

The light in this place is my favourite thing about it!

February 25, 2013 at 10:14 am

I’ve always wanted to go to high tea…those desserts look amazing!

February 25, 2013 at 1:48 pm

High tea is so much fun! It has become a bit of a tradition when I travel, but I’ve never done it in my own city. It’s a great way to spend an afternoon with some girlfriends (or your mom and aunt in my case haha)

Leah // Freutcake
    February 25, 2013 at 12:36 pm

My weekend would have been much better if high tea was involved! ;)

Chloe Moon
    February 25, 2013 at 2:05 pm

I’ve always wanted to go to High tea too! How cool!! =)

Best wishes on your licensing exam!

February 25, 2013 at 11:06 pm

I love those chairs in your dining area! Where did you find them?!

February 27, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Hey Kristin! They’re knock-offs from Wire Home. One day I’ll be able to afford the real guys :)

February 26, 2013 at 12:48 am

Loved the “mini manicures”” shot! And well, the so.many.sweets was really painful to look at :))
    As far as my weekend goes, I was literally knee deep in snow for 2 days in the mountains…:)

February 27, 2013 at 3:01 pm

That kind of sounds amazing!

Tobe | Because It's Awesome
    February 27, 2013 at 12:55 pm

that’s it. i’m moving so i can be your neighbor. you have the coolest weekends! p.s. is your DR rug soft? i’ve been looking for one, but can’t seem to find a foot friendly option…