scenes from my weekend

stacks of Christmas movies | making cookies
cinnamon shortbread | a festive kitty | the fruits of our labour

Each year a handful of us head to my moms for a day full of Christmas cookie baking (Santa hats and all). This year my step-sister and I decided to take the tradition up a notch and crash my moms place for the entire weekend. What ensued was a festive few days with some of my favourite people that will forever be hard to top. I surely ingested more sugar (and tea) than any human ever should, and have made a pretty serious dent in my Christmas-movie-watching-to-do-list. If that doesn’t depict my type of weekend, well I just don’t know what does.

Share This:Pinterest1Facebook0Twitter0tumblrReddit0
CATEGORIES | christmas, scenes from my weekend
25 Responses to “scenes from my weekend”
  1. Sophie says:

ohh it sounds like the perfect festive weekend! i watched elf over the weekend and got SO excited for christmas :) xx

2. Marie-Pier says:

I baked and decorated gigerbread cookies with a friend during the weekend, we had a great time!

3. aliza says:

Yay! scenes from your weekend is back! I missed this last week! Looks like you had an awesome weekend! here’s to an even more awesome week ahead!

haha thanks Aliza! I didn’t realize people noticed I skipped last weeks ;) I wanted to squeeze in as many gift ideas as I could. But not to worry – SFMW isn’t going anywhere!

4. So fun! I wish I could have been right there with you!

5. What a fabulous weekend I had with my wonderful daughters..need to keep my hands off of the goodies though!!!

Love Mom

6. shayna says:

So glad I’m not the only one who needs to watch the Holiday and the Family Stone every Christmas!

7. Andrea says:

It’s become a tradition in our household to watch Love Actually at Christmas (itreplaced reading Christmas storybooks as children).

Andrea x

PS: What is that delectable looking chocolate slice?

It’s a peppermint naneimo bar! My friend made it and it’s DELICIOUS

We definitely watched Love Actually on Saturday. It makes me cry happy tears each time without fail

8. Gaby says:

Perfect scenes! And I love all those movies, you got a ton of my favorite ones there! No matter how silly and how many times I’ve seen Home Alone, I always, always, laugh so so much ;)

9. Lauren says:

Look strangely similar to my weekend! I watched 3 of those movies, but I still need to get on the Elf band wagon. Haven’t see it yet!

10. Chelsea says:

The movies! The cookies! This weekend looks so cozy and like a dream. Every weekend in December until the one before Christmas we will be out of town, so I am going to need to make this goodness happen a little last minute. xo

Your weekend looks like a dream…that dessert table is fabulous!

Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

12. Anna-Rosa says:

my weekend had a bit of christmas movies too.. Love actually to start with !!

13. I love everything about this. So much festiveness!