see story, save this image, here, trackback, no comments, luxurydaily, www.luxurydaily.com
Inspiration: Lifestyle

inspiration: advent calendars

clothespined gifts | boxed treats | a decorated window pane
24 days of tea | shadow boxed ornaments
a burlap sack filled with surprises

With December around the corner I’ve got advent calendars on the brain. That’s right. I am twenty-seven years old and I still look forward to advents. Each year my parents gift* my brother and I with one and I sincerely hope they never stop, no matter our age. Whether in the form of a shadow-box ornament display, a sweet surprise, or simply painted on ones window theres no shortage of ways to creatively count down the days.

*This year my mom picked up the David’s Tea 24 days of tea advent calendar for us and it might explain my over-eagerness for December to finally arrive. 24 days of different holiday-inspired tea? Why I never! And as an aside? If you’re feeling gluttonous, you could grab the oversized heavenly Lindt one. The thing is almost as big as I am. It’s fantastic!

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

15 Comments

Megan {A RAY OF SUN}
    November 28, 2012 at 8:25 am

Oh the advent calendar! In my family it’s a long-lost tradition. I’ve being seeing cute DIY options everywhere though and it’s making me want to start doing it again!
    xoxo
    Megan

Jacquelyn
      December 4, 2012 at 10:02 am

you so should! I’ve wanted to wait until I have kids to tackle a DIY one myself, but now that I think about it, why wait!?

samantha
    November 28, 2012 at 9:11 am

My parents still buy an advent calander for me and I’m 28! I too hope that this tradition never ends :) I love the first of your DIY inspiration above — the clothes pegs are so cute :) xx

Jacquelyn
      December 4, 2012 at 10:02 am

Thank you for making me feel less alone haha. The day my parents stop will be the day that I officially feel old. Hopefully it doesn’t happen

Alyssa
    November 28, 2012 at 10:29 am

Advent calendars were kind of a tradition with a few college friends and I. I love these grown up versions (as long as they still include chocolate!).

Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

Jacquelyn
      December 4, 2012 at 10:03 am

The grown-up versions are awesome aren’t they? My step-mom was telling me about a scotch advent calendar. Apparently it’s like $1,400 (ridiculous) – but still a cool idea!

Alexa
    November 28, 2012 at 10:50 am

These are adorable ideas! :) Love the bottom left one!

maria
    November 28, 2012 at 12:22 pm

advent calendars were such a big part of my childhood- now I just need to figure out how to involve chocolate!

Anna-Rosa
    November 28, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Oh I cant wait to make mine on Friday ! What a great idea the one with all the different tea flavours :)

Jacquelyn
      December 4, 2012 at 10:04 am

I’ve been seriously enjoying my tea one every day thusfar. I love it!

David Ip
    November 28, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Thanks for posting this, I must get the David’s Tea one now!

Judith
    November 28, 2012 at 6:42 pm

Love these advent calendars. Isn’t it great how they build excitement for kids big or small?

Andreea | Words & Colors
    December 3, 2012 at 10:08 am

Advent calendars are not a tradition in my country but I’ve been admiring them for some years now and I think I’ll make one next year when my little girl will be big enough to enjoy it!
    The tea idea is great! I’ll replace it with coffee (since we are rather coffee drinkers) and do it next year for us grown-ups :)

Jacquelyn
      December 4, 2012 at 10:21 am

You should :) It’s a fun tradition to start!

pagoden, folding tents