scenes from my weekend

a low-key date night at home
Christmas snippets (at Anthropologie)
shopping for gift wrap | goodies at Elte‘s warehouse sale
SANTA!! (at the Santa Claus parade)

This weekend was unarguably a good one. The Santa Claus parade took place on Sunday and, in my opinion, it’s one of those not-to-miss yearly events. In my mind, it officially marks the kick-off to the Christmas season and this excites me to no-end. If you’ve read lark & linen for any length of time you’ll know that Christmas is taken very seriously around here. I’ve tried to keep all-things-Christmas at bay the last few weeks as I know there are more than a handful of you that don’t appreciate premature festivities, but I have to admit it’s been tough!  I promise to let my American friends enjoy their Thanksgiving this week, but after that I do believe it’s fair game! Expect things to get very Buddy-the-Elf-like around here in the coming weeks.

ps: In case you missed it, check out how to easily make those votive holders above for yourself: click here!

Share This:Pinterest2Facebook0Twitter0tumblrReddit0
CATEGORIES | life, scenes from my weekend
24 Responses to “scenes from my weekend”
  1. tinajo says:

Lovely images and the twine is gorgeous! :-)

I’ve been on the hunt for this twine for FOREVER (though I know that sounds absurd, it’s true). So happy to have finally found it :)

2. Sophie says:

yayyy im excited to get all christmassy too :) it’s the best holiday of all time! your weekend looks like it was perfection! x

3. Eleanor says:

Oh I love the Parade, used to watch it every year since I was little. Haven’t seen it since 2005 now, I can hardly believe it! Does Susan Hay still don a Linda Lundstrom parka for the event? ;)

you know what? I’m not actually sure! I haven’t watched it on TV in years. I can only imagine she is! It’s tradition after all. Nobody else is suitable!

4. aliza says:

looooooove the idea of colorful twine to wrap up my gifts. Where did you take that pic? I’ve never seen it in Toronto before.

It’s from a store called Luv2pak. Unfortunately you need to have a registered business/register an account there. It isn’t open to public use otherwise :( A friend of mine has an account so she took me!

• aliza says:

I did a quick google and the Paper Store on Queen St W (by Trinity Bellwoods Park) also sells the twine – Thank you for the inspiration :)

5. aliza says:

PS: did you get anything at the ELTE sale? was it worth checking out?

We went on Saturday and everything was pretty picked over. They had some fabulous rugs on AMAZING deals but they were too large for what we needed. We did end up with a art-deco inspired sideboard for a project I’m working on. It had a tiny crack so we got it for a steal!

6. I would have loved to see more of the parade, but we had a screaming little one, don’t even ask, we don’t understand!

That twine!! I totally want a few colors for all my holiday wrapping!

Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

8. In all my years in Toronto (10+) I’ve never made it to the Santa Claus parade. I don’t know why! Now that I have kids I think it is a tradition we will have to start.

9. Sarah says:

The twine!!!! OMG I am going there in December! I’m excited to check out that new Anthro too!! Glad you had a good weekend xo

10. When I first saw the picture of Santa I was like really? This early? But then I remembered you’re Canadian and don’t have Thanksgiving! So it’s totally acceptable and to be honest, I’m a little jealous that you get to start celebrating the Christmas season a little earlier than I do!
    xoxo
    Megan

We have Thanksgiving! We just celebrate it in October (before Halloween). To be honest, it’s probably for the best that you guys celebrate Thanksgiving late november – it makes me hold out just a LITTLE longer when busting out all things Christmassy :)

11. I really hope you purchased some of that divine twine. I just bought it in red and plan on dressing up my Christmas cards with them. Oh, the holidays! :)

12. Great pictures!! I’m soooo excited for Christmas – my favourite time of the year!