scenes from my (birthday) weekend

|a mid-day snack break|

| the best birthday card. ever. |

| tea & presents in bed |

| dinner with (amazing) friends |

| my moms homemade birthday cake! |

For as long as I can remember, I’ve claimed October as my birth month. Justin likes to kindly remind me that I’m supposed to get a day (maybe a weekend) but I’m generally relatively quick to correct him. I’ve never struggled to find a reason to celebrate life, and I simply like to believe that October is mine for the taking (though I’m willing to share with the rest of you October babies). Over the years I’ve gotten quite good at extending the festivities throughout the month*. Somehow, however, every event pertaining to this years birthday happened to fall within the confines of this past weekend. Three dinners, two brunches and drinks with friends in 2.25 days. A birthday extravaganza of the very best kind. To say that I was spoiled would be the understatement of the century. You all managed to make me feel so very special and I can’t thank you enough. So far 27 is off to a really great start.

*Cute side story: my aunt feels the same way as I do in regards to birthdays. She has always jokingly, yet openly, considered may to be her birth month, ensuring to schedule lunches and pedicures sporadically throughout. For her fiftieth birthday my uncle and cousins decided to get together and give her exactly what she’d always wanted: an entire month of birthday celebrations. They put together a calendar, called her friends and family, and had everyone take over one day of the month. In effect: celebrating her birthday in one way or another each and every day of may. Every evening before bed she was presented with a truffle and a poem explaining what she’d be doing and with whom the next day. She was left totally in the dark on her daily plans until the night before. How adorable is that?! That story will forever bring a smile to my face.

Spread the word!Pin on Pinterest1Share on StumbleUpon0Share on Reddit0Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on TumblrShare on Google+0
CATEGORIES | Life, Scenes from my Weekend
39 Responses to “scenes from my (birthday) weekend”
  1. Happy birthday Jacquelyn! Sounds you ‘ve had a great time!
    I wish you next October to be even more festive! xoxo

2. Happy 27, Jacquelyn ! You’ve taken some great pictures of your 2.25 birthdays :)
    In the “tea &presents in bed” picture, the scarf was the present or the gift wrap? either way, i love it!

3. Eleanor says:

Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a great weekend, hope it continues all month! x

4. tinajo says:

Happy birthday – I seroiusly love that birthday card! :-)

5. Julia says:

Happy birthday Jacquelyn! That way of celebrating birthday all month long is really cute. For mine, there are also some obligatory steps, such as breakfast in bed, with at least flowers & presents….

6. David Ip says:

JC, fellow Libran, we’re like a week off (I probably knew this already). Happy actual birthday, and you have two more weeks of celebrating to go! I must see the rest of that yellow pat scarf, it looks intruiging…

7. Sophie says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY :) sounds like you had the most ultimate birthday weekend you lucky thing! and that story of your auntys birthday month is so awesome! such a good idea!

i’ve just been catching up on all your scotland photos!! so beautiful! happy birthday again :) x

8. You Deserve it. the world was blessed the day you were born.

Love Mom

9. Happy birthday!!! I totally believe in birthday months, too. Love that story about your aunt! I would love to do that for my future children.

10. Judith says:

Wow, brilliant! Where do I sign up to claim August?

11. Happy birthday! Sounds like you enjoyed a fabulous 2.25 days! I am in total agreement…birthdays should extend as long as possible! I’ve never had a whole month of all-about-me birthday celebrations but I have certainly used up a whole week just for me! I absolutely love your uncle’s plan for you aunt’s 50th. So thoughtful and she got to see and spend quality time with all her friends and family.

Thanks Jordana!! I haven’t had an entire month, but I have gotten crafty and spaced out my plans to stretch it out as long as physically possible :)

12. Gloria says:

Awww your aunt is so lucky to have such awesome friends and family :-) Happy birthday!

13. Shodja says:

No wonder I have been wishing you, in my heart, a Happy Birthday, for a while! October might be your month, but so is Libra (from September 21st to October 20th): the month of Love, Affection, and Balance (the month of Mehr).

The 10 days between the 10th to the 20th, overlapping October and Mehr (Libra), are perfect for your Birthday Celebration; and your Birthday is, coincidentally, central to those ten days! Lucky you!

Happy Birthday, Jacquelyn!

Thank you Shodja! I did not know any of that haha. Love, affection and balance are pretty key to me though so that makes sense

What an incredible thing they did for your Aunt. That has to be one of the sweetest ideas I’ve ever heard. It looks like you had a wonderful birthday as well!

-Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

Isn’t it adorable?? Some days they would simply make her a homemade dinner and rent her favourite movie, and then others they’d take her for an entire day of pampering at the spa. Pretty amazing! She was in HEAVEN

15. Alexa says:

That is the cutest story about your aunt! :) And happy belated birthday! xoxo

16. Aunt Donna, Uncle Mark says:

Hope your birthday was amazing, Jacquelyn! Wish we could have been there to sample that delicious looking cake your mom made. Wishing you a great month and year,

Love,
    Aunt Donna, Uncle Mark and jazz

17. Happy Birthday!! Happy you had an amazing one ;)

18. clealmond says:

I loved being 27. It is the year I would go back to for a fun, independence, love…
    Happy Birthday and EnjoY! I think your idea of claiming the whole month for you is brilliant!

It’s funny, 27 has always been my scary age but it’s not so bad. I’m glad it’s a year you’d want to go back to! I shall be sure to take advantage!

19. Leah says:

Happy Birthday Jacquelyn (here on the blog). ;) I absolutely love the story about your Aunt’s birthday month! I need to have Jason read that.

20. well happy happy birthday!

21. The story about your aunt is SO sweet! I love it!

I’m so happy you’re having a good birthmonth so far! You’re so lucky to have October :)

22. Jacquelyn says:

Thank you everyone for all of the sweet birthday messages!!

23. Oh fudge. I missed it! Happy belated, m’lady. Celebrating you x365! oxox