currently coveting

source

I can’t really explain it, but I have a strange infatuation with dinnerware (mugs especially). And now that you probably think I’m sufficiently weird, I will keep going. When I first stumbled upon this new line of dishes I literally gasped at my desk. It has my name written all over it. It’s probably a blessing in disguise that we’re stuck with a teeny condo kitchen (that’s already packed to the gills) otherwise I’d find myself spending all my hard-earned money on place settings.

Spread the word!Pin on Pinterest130Share on StumbleUpon0Share on Reddit0Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on TumblrShare on Google+0
CATEGORIES | Currently Coveting
14 Responses to “currently coveting”
  1. Julia says:

I love it ! That’s funny I was just about to talk about it on my blog !

2. Eleanor says:

I’m such a fan of Ittala, and that mug is especially awesome!

3. danni says:

these are so pretty! the subtle patterns are perfect.

xo danni

I have this fantasy of “turning over” my dishes every season–and this set would be perfect for serene fall. So pretty!

-Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

5. Megan says:

This is a great line, I hope someday to have an entire kitchen packed full of handmade dishes. I love the way mugs look when they are hand thrown.

-Megan

I couldn’t agree more. One of my favourite purchases from my recent trip to Ireland is a single hand made mug. It’s absolutely beautiful

6. Caroline says:

It’s definitely not weird to be into dinnerware. A cup of coffee is how I start the day, so a beautiful mug just makes me smile in the morning. My boyfriend makes fun of my growing collection, but I always wanted a mix of different styles and colors. There’s something very bohemian and romantic about having no two that match.

I love that idea Caroline! And thanks for making me feel better – I’m happy to know I’m not alone in my affinity for dishware haha

7. Kirby says:

I am the same way about mugs! But the problem is, I have to drink my coffee out of a huge mug (more like a bowl with a handle, really). One tradition the beau and I have is picking up a coffee mug or two on vacation.

I LOVE that tradition – I might need to adapt it myself (I actually grabbed an awesome mug in Ireland that I’m in love with)
      And I’m the same – my mugs are ginormous. I never usually finish the contents but I enjoy holding a bowl full of warm deliciousness first thing in the morning

8. Lauren says:

I do too! Bowls specifically. I absolutely love these!