tasty treats:

This isn’t the first time I’ve admitted to becoming lazy during the warmer months. With the sun shining bright outside, the last thing I want to do is be cooped up in the kitchen trying to come up with some sort of feast. While scones and muffins are the perfect quick & easy breakfast alternative during fall and winter, come summer I am undeniably on the hunt for cold meals that can be thrown together in a pinch. When I was introduced to this breakfast concoction, I knew it would be the perfect recipe to help get me through the early humid mornings. The mild and creamy cheese paired with the homemade granola and sweet blueberries is surprisingly satisfying, and definitely keeps me full well until lunch.

Click to see the recipe:

::what you’ll need::
.Wisconsin Cheese ricotta (or cottage cheese)
.a handful of blueberries
.almond coconut granola
.a drizzle of honey

::what you’ll do::
.scoop yourself a small bowl of ricotta (or cottage cheese)
.add your toppings
.enjoy alongside a big mug of tea (or coffee!), preferably in a sunny spot outdoors

*Note: this post was sponsored by Wisconsin Cheese. Check out my “about” page for sponsorship information*

Spread the word!Pin on Pinterest5Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on TumblrShare on Reddit0
CATEGORIES | Recipes, Tasty Treats
21 Responses to “tasty treats:”
  1. Julia says:

It seems really good ! I definitely have to try this, and also the homemade granola..

2. Eleanor says:

I love granola and cottage cheese together! It’s great with peaches in August, also.

This post makes me miss cheese :(

oh no! Sorry about that – could you substitute for yogurt or is it a dairy thing??

mmm peaches would be epic here. Good call.

This looks so yummy! I actually have never tried cottage cheese (something about the texture…) but this looks like something I would really enjoy. Can’t wait to try it out!

-Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

Honestly, cottage cheese has only recently become appealing. You could do the same thing with yogurt (I have and it’s great!)

4. I always really want to like this combo, but end up chickening out and not trying it.

I have some ricotta in my fridge at the moment and I WILL do it this weekend :) just need to get my hands on some good granola!

5. this looks so good and i just ate!

6. Shoko says:

I love this idea! I have yogurt for breakfast most summer mornings, but ricotta cheese sounds even better! :)

7. Yum! This sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing with us. :-)

8. Love this! It’s so my type of breakfast ;) Gorgeous pics!

9. This looks so delicious! And healthy too! x

Kate {Modette}

10. Megan says:

looks delicious! i’d want to substitute greek yogurt for ricotta or cottage cheese though.