tasty treats: pea pesto crostini

While there’s no denying my love for all things food related, the last thing I want to do come summer is spend my time indoors in front of a hot stove. With backyard barbeques, potlucks and picnics galore, I constantly find myself on the hunt for quick and easy snacks that I can throw together in a pinch. Giada’s pea pesto crostini recipe fulfils all of my requirements and then some and I have no doubt that it will become my go-to recipe during the warm summer months. Not only do they taste absurdly delicious, but they’re pretty to look at (which, to me, is equally as important), barely require any stove action (apart from a light toasting of the baguette) and are a healthier alternative than your standard barbecue fare.

Spread the word!Pin on Pinterest23Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on TumblrShare on Reddit0
CATEGORIES | Recipes, Tasty Treats
19 Responses to “tasty treats: pea pesto crostini”
  1. These look absolutely delicious. The perfect light summer party snack! x

Kate {Something Fabulous}

they were SO GOOD! My family members who have sworn to bits that they don’t like peas even devoured them

2. Fancy BBQ food…I like! :) It looks very pretty indeed!

3. this is hands-down my go to recipe for summer entertaining! i also like to pair it with white bean crostini for a color contrast (no recipe, just puree white beans with lemon juice and olive oil, salt and pepper to taste!)

4. samantha says:

ahh these look so darling and sound delicious! xx

5. Yes! I have been making these for years. Super easy and pretty! I also make the white bean spread that Renee mentioned. Another hit!
    Jordana

6. especially with fresh sweetpeas in season now this is kind of awesome!

so true! My stepmom recreated it with fresh picked sweetpeas she got by my cottage. I wasn’t there to taste it but she said it was amazing!

7. nuresma says:

I love the colours’ contrast :) And look yummy too

8. Alexa says:

Yum! And they look so fancy too! :)

9. kelly says:

looks yummy and healthy. looking forward to trying this recipe.

10. sarah says:

I love this recipe! It’s definitely a favorite. It’s funny that others have mentioned paring it with white bean spread, as I always serve it with Giada’s Tuscan white bean soup. They’re perfect together

11. simone says:

delicious…..great photos

12. These looks beyond delicious! What an interesting (and different!) way to make crostini, perfect for summer!