scenes from my weekend

a cold & rainy few days | around the house
fireworks, in the rain, from our balcony
a wee shopping spree | a lazy sunday

I really don’t have much to report about this particular weekend as I accomplished virtually nothing of significant value. Justin headed to the cottage (golfing with the fam!) and I opted to stay back and get a few things done around here (these things still remain quite un-done, mind you). The weather has taken a SERIOUS turn for the worst (holy freezing and off and on rain!) which prompted me to spend the majority of my time indoors – more often than not, wrapped in blankets, tea in hand. I managed to sneak out on Saturday to treat myself to a mini shopping spree (my summer wardrobe was in dire need of a facelift). And as I write this, I’ve dragged my duvet to the couch and Teletoon retro is on TV (inspector gadget is not quite as exciting as when I was 8, but it’s bringing back some serious memories). It was unquestionably one of those weekends, and I am not complaining one bit. How was yours? I’d love to know!

Spread the word!Pin on Pinterest1Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter1Share on TumblrShare on Reddit0

About Jacquelyn

A Toronto based interior designer and blogger, who’s passionate about uncomplicated, well thought-out, livable, usable design. My blog was created to showcase my ideas, my inspirations, and the things that make me tick. While it’s mostly design based (I love a good design), it also includes a glimpse into my world, a peep at my adventures within this industry, and a lot of my little ramblings.
CATEGORIES | Life, Scenes from my Weekend
29 Responses to “scenes from my weekend”
  1. nishakya says:

every monday I get to read your weekend posts and feel so refreshed :) happy weekends you have :)

2. Julia says:

I love when it is hot and sunny, but I also enjoy when it’s freezing outside and when the rain is pouring. It is the occasion to rest with a warm wool blanket, in front in a good movie, with a nice cup of tea ;-)

3. Sal says:

Hi there, my name is Sal and I am SO happy to have stumbled upon your fabulous blog- your aesthetic and all your posts are too adorable for words. I love what you’re doing and will be back for inspiration =)

xo Hope you can make it by Bluebonnets for Sal for some inspiration too!

4. I am with Nishakya – I so look forward to your weekend posts! Me and Inspector Gadget had a close relationship when I was younger, so I know what you mean! I bought a few things over the weekend to liven up my closet, too. I feel much better now… :)

I remember Inspector Gadget being fabulous! I couldn’t get over how silly and oblivious he was when I was watching it the other day though. And he never gave Penny or Brain ANY credit… it was very irritating haha

5. Alexa says:

We went camping this weekend and had lovely warm weather…but today it is raining! Boo. Stupid Monday. ;)

6. shodja says:

s o
    l o v e l y

7. Oooh…shopping…I have so many clothes but I feel like I need a closet refresh right about now!
    Jordana

I recently did a SERIOUS purge (bags and bags of stuff) and needed just a few pieces to pull others together. I think I’m summer ready now!

8. meta musings says:

lovely pics! looks like a great weekend…i love lazy sundays too :) great slippers!

xx

9. I can’t get enough of your photography!

10. Kirby says:

That sounds like bliss! I worked late Friday, had back-to-back wedding showers Saturday and spent Sunday catching up on errands, but this weekend I plan on relaxing!!

11. Heather says:

Can you tell me where you got your slippers? I have been looking for some exactly like those!

Hey Heather! They were actually a gift from my aunt. She bought them for me at a Native American craft show in Thunder Bay. I’m sorry – I know that isn’t much help!

12. anna says:

The weather was so cold on Friday night but luckily it improved Saturday. You found so many pretty clothes.

13. The rain on the window looks awesome! What a great picture Jacquelyn!!

And a Shopping Spree is always a sign of a great weekend! :)

14. Pink Ronnie says:

Seriously gorgeous photos, Jacquelyn. The one of the fireworks is particularly lovely. I love those types of weekends.
    Ronnie xo

15. Jenna says:

Thank you for your kind words on my blog! Your new site is lovely also! great photos! love the raindrop window one xx

16. David Ip says:

I was working, but L&L on a Monday morning always inspires smiles everywhere :)

Mid-rise red cropped skinnies? Though by your photo, I might call that colour “scarlet blush”.