scenes from my weekend.

tulips at the market | french baguettes
olive oil & balsamic vinegar samplers | crêpe fixins’ | brunch with the girls

With Justin away at a hockey tournament, my girlfriends and I took it upon ourselves to take over the condo for a mini-dinner party, followed by a slumber party (and brunch the next day). Together, we spent Saturday evening attempting to make buckwheat pasta* and digging into my stash of olive oil and balsamic vinegar samplers. Naturally, we paired both with a bottle (or two) of prosecco and made sure to follow with dessert.

After a crêpe brunch on Sunday, we finished off with pedicures and a long afternoon nap**. Now adorning fuschia-pink toes (ready for an early spring!) we definitely tipped the scales towards an indulgent few days. I’m so glad I have such a great group of ladies to keep me company while Justin isn’t able. They make wonderful substitutes, though, I must admit, I am glad to have him home.

How was your weekend? I’d love to know!

*it only kind of worked
**Sundays should always be conducted in this fashion

ps. I started painting as per my February resolution. I’ll be sure to show you the results once it’s complete (which could be months from now – time is at a premium at the moment). I forgot how much I enjoyed this process

Share This:Pinterest0Facebook0Twitter0tumblrReddit0
CATEGORIES | life, scenes from my weekend
36 Responses to “scenes from my weekend.”
  1. tinajo says:

It all looks wonderful, I´m glad you had such a great weekend! Mine was good as well, lots of family time which is the best. :-)

2. Stacey says:

This looks like so much fun, and you always hear of couples that forget their friends but you have the balance so right :) my sister is one of those couples, all consumed by her husband, but I hope to be like this! Best of both worlds :) I spent the weekend in London for my best friends birthday weekend.. well and truly worn out though! xx

3. Everything looks so good, the tulips, the fruit, the baguettes! What a wonderful weekend-gets me in the mood for spring!

4. So lovely!!! Watermark these babies…they’re about to get pinned, on the double!

5. Sounds like an awesome weekend! I definitely need to update my toenail polish!

6. Looks delightful!! I confess, I am a bit jealous my weekend wasn’t celebrated with tulips, fancy drinks and oh-so-delicious baguette pieces dipped in olive oil and vingear. yummmmmm.

7. Gorge pics, miss! Sounds like a delightful weekend!

8. Inés says:

Olive oil and bread…heaven!
    I´m glad you had such a great weekend!
    Hope you’re having a great start to the week

Big hugs!
    Inés

SimplyClassyMe.blogspot.com

9. Keri says:

lovely blog! tulips and spring…very exciting!
    Keri
    torontothree.blogspot.com

10. Sounds like such a fun weekend with the girls! p.s. can’t wait to see what you’ve been painting.

11. That sounds like a wonderful way to spend the weekend to me! Mine was a little less fun, with some work to do, but there was a little fun mixed in :)

Hope that the new week is off to a great start!

x
    Sarah

12. Alexa says:

Sounds like a lovely weekend…the tulips are making me smile right now!

13. What a wonderful weekend! Just by the pics you can tell you had a great one ;)

14. davidifc says:

I love reading these little weekend snippets on a Monday :)

You know I was going to interject about the noodles :), I’ve made them a few times since I stopped eating gluten. I found it works best if you leave the dough to rest overnight (or longer, up to a day) and I add a teaspoon or so of lemon juice. Then just the buckwheat flour and water, in a 3 or 4 to 1 ratio (four parts flour, one part water). Really depends on the day and your flour, the resulting ball should hold together but not be too wet or crumbly. It’s easy to make so you should get the hang of it after one or two times.

I also used a pasta machine to roll it out, possibly cheating, I know, but it’s sooo much easier.

We had a pasta machine too! Without the egg we found there was nothing bonding it together – it kept crumbling. It was definitely very labour intensive! It still tasted delicious though! Thanks for the tips – I’ll try that next time

15. meag says:

so spring-y! love them all~

xo the egg out west.

16. Kelly says:

I miss sleepovers! And now I want one even more so because instead of watching grease and painting our nails crazy colors, the natural choice is pasta, cheese, wine and laughing. This looks amazing :)

17. Shoko says:

Beautiful, beautiful colors!

18. Oh! These pics are so spring filled :) LOVE

19. Sarah says:

This seriously sounds like a perfect weekend, I might have to kick Andy out for a weekend so I can do the same! Very pretty photos!

20. oh, wow, Im so jealous! I love a good girls weekend, I’m in desperate need of one soon! Gorgeous photos!

21. erin says:

lovely, lovely shots of fantastic-looking weekend.

22. TwigandLily says:

I LOVE your weekends! xo

23. Kelly says:

Love your photos and blog. Just found it via evergirl.
    xo

24. [...] credits: 1-lonny mag, 2-photography by anna malin via helt enkelt, 3-via gorgeous love, 4-via lark and linen This entry was posted in weekend. Bookmark the permalink. ← How Shauna Organizes Her [...]