tasty treats: winter salads.

.blood orange over radish, micro greens with shallots,
white pine salt and meyer lemon walnut oil dressing.

.rainbow carrot, ginger salad with cilantro and a maple, lime dressing..asian pear and persimmon salad with celery leaf and blood orange dressing..sautéed hen of the woods with fermented black garlic over
chopped parsley, with a bergamot, lemon and olive oil dressing.

source

I’m not sure if you’ve noticed, but I’ve been on a serious sugar binge as of late (examples here, here & here). Each afternoon, I find myself craving something sweet and I almost always give in without a second thought. It’s high time I get my act together, if only for my health. While I generally lead a decently well-balanced lifestyle, I will admit that I do not eat (nearly) as many vegetables as I should. I often find salads to be lack-lustre, and almost always leave the table unsatisfied as a result. When I stumbled upon these winter salad ideas, my interest piqued immediately. I love the inventive flavour combinations, and can’t wait to introduce some greens back into my life (without leaving my taste buds in want).

Spread the word!Pin on Pinterest2Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on TumblrShare on Reddit0
CATEGORIES | Recipes, Tasty Treats
17 Responses to “tasty treats: winter salads.”
  1. Ohhh these look so good! The second one is very thai, looks so fresh.

2. Ella says:

I wish my salads could look like that! They’re just stunning.

I’m a vegetarian (well…95% of the time) and just so you know, my experience tells me more vegetables does not lead to less sugar. I am sugar monster numero uno!

I’ve actually heard that before! It’s got to be better to reach for the salad over that cookie all the same though – no? I too am a sugar monster – and of course like the veggies that contain the highest amounts of it! (hello carrots and corn that are borderline unhealthy)

3. I’m in love w/ these salads…They look so delicious. I’m so sick of eating the same looking salad everyday. I love how the first pic I think they are the shallots? look like lil purple & green hearts…

I love blood oranges and radishes and Rainbow carrots?!? never heard of Rainbow carrots. I must check that out!

Thanks for the salad inspiration & recipes! =)

Lemanie’s Randomness Blog

4. Alexa says:

You are so right. This is a good way to get a sugar fix and your vegetables!

5. They look wonderfully fresh and delicious – perfect for winter, such a breath of fresh air!

6. Lea says:

amazing. I feel as if I’ve grown to underestimate what salads can be. These look just lovely—and aren’t just a ton of lettuce + random protein with dressing slathered on.

thanks for dropping by my blog :)

7. Sarah says:

Love this post!!! ALL of these salads look delicious and I may actually try them all (no joke) Thanks for sharing such yummy looking recipes Jacquelyn! xo

8. Yesterday I had cheez-its for lunch. CHEEZ-ITS. I dont even know who I am anymore. I need to get back on the real food train. Salads all look beautiful…it should tell you something that I was sure you had shot all of them before I got to the end!

9. Shoko says:

So incredibly beautiful. I could use a good salad after this week – I’ve indulged quite a bit! :)

10. Andrea says:

I’m definitely intrigued by the last – though I’m not sure we can get those mushrooms (they are mushrooms, right?) here in New Zealand.

Andrea x