tasty treats: winter salads.

.blood orange over radish, micro greens with shallots,
white pine salt and meyer lemon walnut oil dressing.

.rainbow carrot, ginger salad with cilantro and a maple, lime dressing..asian pear and persimmon salad with celery leaf and blood orange dressing..sautéed hen of the woods with fermented black garlic over
chopped parsley, with a bergamot, lemon and olive oil dressing.

source

I’m not sure if you’ve noticed, but I’ve been on a serious sugar binge as of late (examples here, here & here). Each afternoon, I find myself craving something sweet and I almost always give in without a second thought. It’s high time I get my act together, if only for my health. While I generally lead a decently well-balanced lifestyle, I will admit that I do not eat (nearly) as many vegetables as I should. I often find salads to be lack-lustre, and almost always leave the table unsatisfied as a result. When I stumbled upon these winter salad ideas, my interest piqued immediately. I love the inventive flavour combinations, and can’t wait to introduce some greens back into my life (without leaving my taste buds in want).

Share This:Pinterest2Facebook0Twitter0tumblrReddit0
CATEGORIES | recipes, tasty treats
17 Responses to “tasty treats: winter salads.”
  1. Ohhh these look so good! The second one is very thai, looks so fresh.

2. Ella says:

I wish my salads could look like that! They’re just stunning.

I’m a vegetarian (well…95% of the time) and just so you know, my experience tells me more vegetables does not lead to less sugar. I am sugar monster numero uno!

I’ve actually heard that before! It’s got to be better to reach for the salad over that cookie all the same though – no? I too am a sugar monster – and of course like the veggies that contain the highest amounts of it! (hello carrots and corn that are borderline unhealthy)

3. I’m in love w/ these salads…They look so delicious. I’m so sick of eating the same looking salad everyday. I love how the first pic I think they are the shallots? look like lil purple & green hearts…

I love blood oranges and radishes and Rainbow carrots?!? never heard of Rainbow carrots. I must check that out!

Thanks for the salad inspiration & recipes! =)

Lemanie’s Randomness Blog

4. Alexa says:

You are so right. This is a good way to get a sugar fix and your vegetables!

5. They look wonderfully fresh and delicious – perfect for winter, such a breath of fresh air!

6. Lea says:

amazing. I feel as if I’ve grown to underestimate what salads can be. These look just lovely—and aren’t just a ton of lettuce + random protein with dressing slathered on.

thanks for dropping by my blog :)

7. Sarah says:

Love this post!!! ALL of these salads look delicious and I may actually try them all (no joke) Thanks for sharing such yummy looking recipes Jacquelyn! xo

8. Yesterday I had cheez-its for lunch. CHEEZ-ITS. I dont even know who I am anymore. I need to get back on the real food train. Salads all look beautiful…it should tell you something that I was sure you had shot all of them before I got to the end!

9. Shoko says:

So incredibly beautiful. I could use a good salad after this week – I’ve indulged quite a bit! :)

10. Andrea says:

I’m definitely intrigued by the last – though I’m not sure we can get those mushrooms (they are mushrooms, right?) here in New Zealand.

Andrea x