scenes from my weekend.

Justin’s birthday streamers*the St. Lawrence Market (in search of dinner fixins)what eventually became dinnerwool socks & floor beds

This weekend we managed to strike that perfect balance between doing nothing and accomplishing plenty. On Friday, we celebrated Justin’s birthday surrounded by friends and family of the very best variety. He was spoiled. It was well deserved. Meanwhile, Saturday was dedicated towards kicking this head-cold I’ve been sporting straight in the kisser. We built a floor bed** and watched far too many terrible movies (seriously – movie recommendations people? I’ve had no luck in this department lately) and ate leftover cake until our stomachs hurt. It worked (thus proving my theory: cake cures all). Take that sinus’!

Oh, and then I got bangs (and glasses)!

Happy weekend indeed

*I stayed up late to decorate our bedroom door with streamers for when Justin awoke on his birthday. When got up the next morning he thanked me for his “door papers”. I love boys (and I’m particularly fond of him).
**a floor bed: one air mattress + all of the blankets and pillows you can find plunked in front of a television (or fireplace). Bonus points if you build a fort.

ps. Today’s the last day for the sneakpeeq giveaway!

Spread the word!Pin on Pinterest9Share on StumbleUpon0Share on Reddit0Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on TumblrShare on Google+0
CATEGORIES | Life, Scenes from my Weekend
36 Responses to “scenes from my weekend.”
  1. Charlotte says:

I love these posts, they always make me smile on a Monday morning

As usual, it sounds like you had a great weekend :)

2. Haute says:

ahhhhhhhhh I LOVE the bangs!!! And the glasses! You look fabulous!!! xo

3. You look great, and I love the glasses!

For movies…hm…Midnight in Paris?

4. love the bangs and glasses! I’m just growing my out again, and now you’ve got me thinking of abandoning that ship.

haha you should!! I feel so chic. I had been contemplating doing it for a long time now and my hairdresser basically forced me into it on Sunday. I’m so happy that she did

5. Shannon says:

Love bangs on you. And the glasses are super cute too! Sounds like you had an eventful weekend.

6. annawithlove says:

Love the bangs lady! you look fantastic!

7. Mommy says:

OMG…you look so beautiful and sophisticated with your bangs and new glasses….amazing…I did’t think you could get more gorgeous..but you have:)

8. me lova the bangs, you cute thing, you. that’ll show that cold who’s boss! and a happy belated to justin! ox

9. Alexa says:

Oh my gosh love the bangs! Too cute! :)

10. Loving the bangs! :) Super cute.

11. Seriously loving that photo of you. The bangs and glasses are super chic and you are beautiful.

12. love your hair! you look so nice. And i love St.Lawrence market…especially on sundays when the vintage market is on :)

13. Molly says:

Your bangs are incredible! you seriously have the perfect face to pull them off – stunning!

14. Sounds lovely! Your bang/glasses combo are gorgeous.

15. “Door papers”-that is so cute. You look gorgeous! Love the bangs and glasses.

16. andrea says:

look at how cute you are! love the glasses and the bangs :) :)

and yay for streamers! fun!

17. davidifc says:

Totally didn’t recognize you with the bangs & glasses. For a second I was like “who’s the hot… ohhhhhh… dang!” Nice!

18. Aimee Anderson Davidson says:

Love your hair! I have naturally curly hair and could never pull bangs off. :( Where we live we spend our winters watching a lot of movies. Here are a few I really enjoyed, “Luck By Chance” (there are subtitles but worth it, Farhan Akhtar and his sister are going to be huge soon), “Wasabi” (there are english subtitles but you can turn them off), “The Namesake”, “Rachel Getting Married”, “Couples Retreat” (funny!), “Salaam Bombay” (classic!), “Gran Torino” (I’m a huge C.E. fan!) and “Life in A Metro”. Yes, I watch a lot of foreign movies and I do FF through any dance numbers!

ooo yes! I’ve seen a few of those and have been meaning to see a few. I’m writing them down! Thank you thank you! Also, you’re wise – curly bangs is not the best look ;) I’ve always been jealous of curls though

19. mydesignchic says:

What a fun birthday surprise – loving the “door papers” and your bangs and glasses…adorable!! Thrilled to be your newest follower ~

20. TwigandLily says:

Sounds lovely as always. And how beautiful are you with those bangs and glasses! I love that lip color too!!

21. Sarah says:

Love the new bangs lady!!! xo