I’ve mentioned before that I love incorporating some additional effort while wrapping my Christmas gifts. It isn’t difficult to add a little extra touch to your gift and the results are always well worth it. Today I’ve rounded up a few inexpensive, simple things you could do to spice up your present in a pinch.
1. Tying a cinnamon stick or two to your package. Not only will they look great, but they’ll smell festive too.
2. Using tree trimmings, misletoe or boxwood bits to add a little special something (here’s an example).
3. Using twine for an organic feel (take a peek at this pretty gift here).
4. Purchasing some japanese washi tape in lieu of scotch tape. Using it on simple wrapping paper makes a great statement.
5. Felt (or fabric) flower adornments (as seen here; also, here’s a tutorial for making your own)
6. Stringing together your own garland with found objects (bits of wood, dried leafs or berries) and wrapping it around your gift.
7. Using newspaper. Add a bright red bow and you get instant Christmas at little to no cost (so festive).
8. Using bakers twine to attach gift tags