see story, save this image, here, no comments, luxurydaily, luxury daily, www.luxurydaily.com
DIY Entertaining Lifestyle

all wrapped up

I’ve mentioned before that I love incorporating some additional effort while wrapping my Christmas gifts. It isn’t difficult to add a little extra touch to your gift and the results are always well worth it. Today I’ve rounded up a few inexpensive, simple things you could do to spice up your present in a pinch.

Consider:
1. Tying a cinnamon stick or two to your package. Not only will they look great, but they’ll smell festive too.
2. Using tree trimmings, misletoe or boxwood bits to add a little special something (here’s an example).
3. Using twine for an organic feel (take a peek at this pretty gift here).
4. Purchasing some japanese washi tape in lieu of scotch tape. Using it on simple wrapping paper makes a great statement.
5. Felt (or fabric) flower adornments (as seen here; also, here’s a tutorial for making your own)
6. Stringing together your own garland with found objects (bits of wood, dried leafs or berries) and wrapping it around your gift.
7. Using newspaper. Add a bright red bow and you get instant Christmas at little to no cost (so festive).
8. Using bakers twine to attach gift tags

and while we’re on the subject; here are a few gift tags I’m loving:
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Happy wrapping!

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

23 Comments

Style Maniac
    December 21, 2011 at 9:23 am

I’m all about simple, easy holiday things this year. Love your trimmings round up, especially the washi tape — never heard of it, off to check it out.

Happy holidays.

Jacquelyn
      December 22, 2011 at 2:49 pm

washi tape is amazing! You can get it at most craft stores

Molly
    December 21, 2011 at 9:23 am

Bah, I LOVE wrapping! My mom is like, the queen of wrapping and she is famous for her bows and cards… me and all my siblings save the cards because they always give clues to what’s inside the boxes! Can’t wait to get home and wrap, wrap, wrap!
    Happy holidays!!!

Jacquelyn
      December 22, 2011 at 2:49 pm

I want to be the mom that is famous for her wrapping skills! That’s so cute :)

hrcktheherald
    December 21, 2011 at 9:32 am

This reminds me of my favorite scene from Love Actually when Mr. Bean is wrapping up the jewelry present and the husband doesn’t want Emma Thompson to catch him. “What else are you going to do?? Dip it in yogurt?!” :)

Jacquelyn
      December 22, 2011 at 2:50 pm

hahaha that scene is wonderful! That’s totally me – just one more little thing

Charlotte
    December 21, 2011 at 11:51 am

These are such cute ideas, I wish I had the patience to make my gifts look pretty but I’ve bought so many this year that it would take about two days to get it right :( xx

Jacquelyn
      December 22, 2011 at 2:52 pm

That’s always tough! You could always make a few of them pretty and power through the rest :) If I have a ton to do I’ll just make pretty ones for the friends that will notice/appreciate the extra effort. People like my brother wouldn’t notice so he just gets kraft paper ;)

Leah @ Freutcake
    December 21, 2011 at 12:38 pm

I love the idea of decorating gifts with cinnamon sticks or a sprig of mistletoe tied with bakers twine! And, cinnamon sticks would be the perfect adornment for an edible gift. :)

vmacandcheese
    December 21, 2011 at 12:59 pm

Ooh I love the idea of using a cinnamon stick or a sprig of mistletoe tied into a bow!

Jacquelyn
      December 22, 2011 at 2:53 pm

me too! I’ve already wrapped the majority of mine – I didn’t think of this beforehand but I’ve made a mental note for next year

Alexa
    December 21, 2011 at 3:15 pm

Love all of these ideas…I love wrapping gifts and making them all pretty! :) I have those Rifle gift tags…love them! xo

Jacquelyn
      December 22, 2011 at 2:53 pm

I’ve been eyeing them since last year – I think I’ll have to make the purchase next year

christine {bijouandboheme}
    December 21, 2011 at 4:20 pm

Lovely round-up- I want to do really b/w newspaper this year with pink ribbon- if I ever get to buy presents that is;) Also love the boxwood idea…so pretty.

Jacquelyn
      December 22, 2011 at 2:53 pm

pink would look great!! I hope things calm down for you a touch over the holidays

Katrina - Dot Dot Dash
    December 21, 2011 at 4:51 pm

I’m all about simplicity this year and loving the brown paper wrapping. Love the natural touches like cinnamon, great idea x

Jacquelyn
      December 22, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Me too! I’ve incorporated twine or kraft paper into my wrapping the last 2 years – now I’ve combined them both. Super simple and inexpensive

hautecanada
    December 21, 2011 at 10:01 pm

All are wonderful, but I love the fabric flower the most!!

Courtney Lane
    December 21, 2011 at 10:32 pm

This is so cute. The baker’s twine caught my eye first…I’ve been using a lot of that for wrapping this year!

Kayla @ Exquisite Banana
    December 21, 2011 at 11:52 pm

I bought a bunch of sparkly ribbon this year and paired it with plain brown craft paper. Loved the simplicity!

Jacquelyn
      December 22, 2011 at 2:55 pm

that’s perfect! I need to get my hands on some sparkly ribbon. I keep seeing it floating around the blogworld

davidifc
    December 22, 2011 at 9:53 am

Ha great post, I do the newspaper and baker twine thing out of sheer laziness (buying wrapping paper, not wrapping)!