all wrapped up.

I’ve mentioned before that I love incorporating some additional effort while wrapping my Christmas gifts. It isn’t difficult to add a little extra touch to your gift and the results are always well worth it. Today I’ve rounded up a few inexpensive, simple things you could do to spice up your present in a pinch.

Consider:
1. Tying a cinnamon stick or two to your package. Not only will they look great, but they’ll smell festive too.
2. Using tree trimmings, misletoe or boxwood bits to add a little special something (here’s an example).
3. Using twine for an organic feel (take a peek at this pretty gift here).
4. Purchasing some japanese washi tape in lieu of scotch tape. Using it on simple wrapping paper makes a great statement.
5. Felt (or fabric) flower adornments (as seen here; also, here’s a tutorial for making your own)
6. Stringing together your own garland with found objects (bits of wood, dried leafs or berries) and wrapping it around your gift.
7. Using newspaper. Add a bright red bow and you get instant Christmas at little to no cost (so festive).
8. Using bakers twine to attach gift tags

and while we’re on the subject; here are a few gift tags I’m loving:
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Happy wrapping!

Spread the word!Pin on Pinterest0Share on StumbleUpon0Share on Reddit0Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on TumblrShare on Google+0
CATEGORIES | Holidays, Round Up
23 Responses to “all wrapped up.”
  1. Style Maniac says:

I’m all about simple, easy holiday things this year. Love your trimmings round up, especially the washi tape — never heard of it, off to check it out.

Happy holidays.

2. Molly says:

Bah, I LOVE wrapping! My mom is like, the queen of wrapping and she is famous for her bows and cards… me and all my siblings save the cards because they always give clues to what’s inside the boxes! Can’t wait to get home and wrap, wrap, wrap!
    Happy holidays!!!

3. This reminds me of my favorite scene from Love Actually when Mr. Bean is wrapping up the jewelry present and the husband doesn’t want Emma Thompson to catch him. “What else are you going to do?? Dip it in yogurt?!” :)

4. Charlotte says:

These are such cute ideas, I wish I had the patience to make my gifts look pretty but I’ve bought so many this year that it would take about two days to get it right :( xx

That’s always tough! You could always make a few of them pretty and power through the rest :) If I have a ton to do I’ll just make pretty ones for the friends that will notice/appreciate the extra effort. People like my brother wouldn’t notice so he just gets kraft paper ;)

5. I love the idea of decorating gifts with cinnamon sticks or a sprig of mistletoe tied with bakers twine! And, cinnamon sticks would be the perfect adornment for an edible gift. :)

6. Ooh I love the idea of using a cinnamon stick or a sprig of mistletoe tied into a bow!

7. Alexa says:

Love all of these ideas…I love wrapping gifts and making them all pretty! :) I have those Rifle gift tags…love them! xo

8. Lovely round-up- I want to do really b/w newspaper this year with pink ribbon- if I ever get to buy presents that is;) Also love the boxwood idea…so pretty.

9. I’m all about simplicity this year and loving the brown paper wrapping. Love the natural touches like cinnamon, great idea x

10. hautecanada says:

All are wonderful, but I love the fabric flower the most!!

11. This is so cute. The baker’s twine caught my eye first…I’ve been using a lot of that for wrapping this year!

12. I bought a bunch of sparkly ribbon this year and paired it with plain brown craft paper. Loved the simplicity!

13. davidifc says:

Ha great post, I do the newspaper and baker twine thing out of sheer laziness (buying wrapping paper, not wrapping)!