scenes from my weekend.

{aka the place where hot chocolate lives}{a wee patch of snow that got me more excited than I care to admit}{cutting down our own tree}{christmas!}{lil sis & mugs of hot chocolate}

I’m lucky enough to be with a guy who’s as enthusiastic about Christmas as I am. His biggest worry is that it won’t stop raining and by the time it gets cold enough for snow, the clouds will be out of moisture. I agree with him wholeheartedly. This is a legitimate concern.

That said, we really went big this weekend. I’m talking Christmas everywhere. From the Distillery District Christmas market (where we purchased our very first ornament together. I know. Aww!) to cutting down our very own tree and hauling it home, and decorating not one but two of them, all while ingesting far too many cups of overly sweet hot chocolate; I’m convinced we could be the best Christmas elves in existence. We would easily give Buddy a run for his money – and I say that with confidence.

Our halls are decked. Our tree is lit. Our mugs are prepared. We are ready.

A forewarning: be prepared to get all sorts of festive up in here over the next few weeks.

Spread the word!Pin on Pinterest0Share on StumbleUpon0Share on Reddit0Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on TumblrShare on Google+0
CATEGORIES | Life, Scenes from my Weekend
23 Responses to “scenes from my weekend.”
  1. Mommy says:

Fabulous..now come and help me decorate…the trees are available at our church lot!!

2. Looks like lots fun! Hope you’re feeling better too, missy.

3. Juliana says:

Am I seeing things or is it SNOWING on this page?

4. hautecanada says:

I must add cutting down my own Christmas tree to my bucket list!

5. davidifc says:

Ha ha I’m a grinch I may have to stop reading L&L for a bit – j/k. Thanks for reminding me I need to get a tree!

6. Martina says:

Beautiful pictures, Jacquelyn!!

martinaness.com

7. Your weekend looks just lovely. I think the Munch House is super cute!

Twitter: @GlamKitten88

8. Love it! It’s rare to find a guy who has Christmas spirit! Lucky for me, I snagged one as well! I love a guy who is manly enough to decorate a tree whilst sipping cocoa and watching Elf. :)

9. Meta Musings says:

You guys are such a cute couple!! We are going to look for a tree this weekend…can’t wait!

Can’t wait for your festive posts!

xx

10. Ahhh! Just noticed the little flurries coming down on the page – love it!! we had a fairly similar weekend – just posted about our adventures cutting down our own tree this weekend too! My husband is not into Christmas at all, but thankfully he does love the tradition of the Christmas tree. :)

11. Andrea says:

That IS a legitimate concern! I have quite the opposite problem – that Christmas Day isn’t going to dawn and sunny and brilliant as the weather is here at the moment… I’m worried we’ll get our quota of sunshine before the big day!

Andrea

12. Totally the same weekend! Surprising we didn’t run into each other.

13. It is a legitimate concern, indeed! Thank you for sharing snippets from your weekend… (cute pictures) x