scenes from my weekend.

{bins of pumpkins}{finally getting my watch fixed}
{an organized closet}
{late night cacio e pepe}
{sunday brunch with my mom & sister makes almost anything better}

What began as a promising weekend quickly turned south on Saturday night. With Justin headed north to help his grandparents re-do their roof (yes, he’s a keeper), I found myself with the place to myself and no concrete plans in sight. My thoughts included carving pumpkins, thai takeout, a stack of movies and some girl-time. Friday was fun.
Saturday was dedicated to menial tasks like organizing my closet (maybe I colour coded my clothes. maybe.) and finally fixing my watch (after almost a year). It’s amazing how satisfying theses things are (there’s a chance I’m type-A).
In the evening, my girlfriend and I headed out. While driving west on the Lakeshore we got into an accident with a transport truck. Luckily nobody was hurt; unfortunately the car didn’t have the same fate. There’s an estimated thousands in damages, but our lives are in tact. A solid trade-off if you ask me. And although we were left unscathed, I’m overwhelmed with the idea of what-if. The what could have beens. So the moral of this story (and I don’t think we can ever remind ourselves enough) is enjoy every second. All of them. Because really, you never know. Now go hug your neighbour, give your mail-man some cookies and tell your mom you love her. Because I say. And it’s my blog so i’m allowed to be bossy.

Share This:Pinterest0Facebook0Twitter0tumblrReddit0
CATEGORIES | life, scenes from my weekend
19 Responses to “scenes from my weekend.”
  1. Kassey K says:

Beautiful looking weekend, but more importantly, glad to hear you guys are safe post-accident :)

2. Kat says:

so sorry to hear about the accident! but how awesome does all that cleaning, organizing and taking care of all those menial tasks feel? i did the same this weekend and couldn’t feel more refreshed this monday!

oh man I agree! It’s so theraputic. I knocked off so many things I’ve been meaning to do – so the weekend wasn’t a TOTAL bust. Plus I spent a lot of time in slippers so that’s always good too haha

3. davidifc says:

glad to hear you’re safe but methinks that watch is a leeetle too big for your wrist :) have a good one!

4. holygypsy says:

I am glad to know that you and your friends are fine! I really love your blog! I am from Paksitan.. and plan to maybe.. move to Canada! Therefore your blog and not to forget the images you put in your post are simply a joy to read and see!

Take Care

5. So glad you’re okay! I know how scary that must have been and totally relate to replaying it in your head and thinking about the what-ifs! Take it easy this week.

PS, that cacio e pepe looks divine.

6. my clothes are totally color-coded too, bossypants, so i won’t judge. quite happy to hear that you girls were not hurt!! sorry to hear that you had to go through such a scary ordeal, but it sounds like you came out of it with your head in the right place! off to make some cookies for the mailman….ox

7. Aprile says:

Oh no!! That’s scary, so glad you’re okay.

8. Meta Musings says:

i’m so glad you are ok! how scary! what a gorgeous watch you have!

happy monday!

xx

9. Ashley says:

I’m so glad to hear that you’re ok!! That’s so scary!

10. Christien says:

So glad to hear you’re okay! So scary.

p.s. I totally colour coordinated my closet the other day too ;)