Lifestyle Personal Posts Scenes from my Week

scenes from my weekend.

{soaking up what’s left of summer}{the cottage epitomized}{perfect for a midnight snack}{grandmas garden}{a tea break}{birthday cake gone bad}

Mother nature was sweet enough to give us one last warm weekend, which is more than I can say for the last few days (read: cold, rainy, more cold). We headed up to the cottage where we partook in beach days, campfire nights and heading into town to do some mindless browsing (and tea breaking). On Sunday, my little sister and I spent hours perfecting an apple caramel cheesecake for my dads birthday. After he blew out the candles the entire thing slid off the plate and onto the floor. See? Things aren’t always perfect in blog land. We salvaged what we could of the cake, and we all went at it with a spoon. Mashed cake tastes almost as good as pretty cake anyway.

I feel like I’ve accomplished most of what I wanted to accomplish this summer (read: lots of lazy days by a lake). I’m almost ready to retire my ballet flats and bust out my boots and cozy socks. But if mother nature were to grace us with a few more days of warmth, I, for one, would not complain.

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

14 Comments

Gabriella
    September 7, 2011 at 8:31 am

Seems like you’ve hade a great weekend – too bad with the cake-accident though lol!

I’ve just found your blog a couple of days ago and I must say, I absolutely LOVE it! It’s so amazing, warm and cosy and not to mention all the beautiful and inspiring pictures.

A funny thing is that I actually live in Sweden, and it was sooo fun to read your post about Scandinavian design from one of our Interiour Design-magazines called “Sköna Hem” (beautiful/nice home in english).

So just so you know, you got a big fan in Sweden (not just because of the Scandinavian design post, but because you’re awesome!!)

Jacquelyn
      September 8, 2011 at 8:00 am

Gabriella, thank you for the sweet comment. You are quite awesome yourself!

Lauren Christine (@goldenwhitedcor)
    September 7, 2011 at 10:41 am

truly looks like a wonderful weekend!!! xx
    Golden White Décor

Chelsea
    September 7, 2011 at 11:35 am

Oh no, that happens to the best of cakes…But everyone digging in with a spoon is cute and cozy. The photos are gorgeous, hope you weekend was everything you dreamed. xoxo

sara alana
    September 7, 2011 at 1:22 pm

I really want to catch my own fish and cook it and eat it all in the same day. It’s on my “to-do” list. Before that, learn to fish.

Jacquelyn
      September 8, 2011 at 8:01 am

haha I agree with you! My uncle usually catches these guys, and is responsible for the gross bits and the cooking of it. I watched, so that sort of counts, yes?

Victoria@Victory Paper
    September 7, 2011 at 3:22 pm

this reminds me of that episode of friends where joey and rachel eat the cheesecake off the floor in the hallway! such things need to be done for cheesecake though ;)

Jacquelyn
      September 8, 2011 at 8:02 am

haha hilarious! That’s exactly what I said while we were all going at it. Sometimes your pride goes out the window for the love of cheesecake

Andrea
    September 8, 2011 at 6:08 am

That cake looks incredible – recipe?

Andrea x

Andrea
    September 8, 2011 at 6:16 am

Just clicked on it – saving that to my recipe box.

Andrea x

Jacquelyn
      September 8, 2011 at 8:02 am

it’s so delicious Andrea! And it’s the first time I really, truly sucessfully made caramel. Highly recommended.

Jacquelyn
      September 8, 2011 at 8:02 am

it’s so delicious Andrea! And it’s the first time I really, truly successfully made caramel. Highly recommended.

rosepetalsandlace
    September 9, 2011 at 1:13 pm

First I love the board for the fish, makes things so much simpler and second the cake just makes me so sad. It looked so delicious.