tasty treats: caprese pasta.

When the warm ridiculously hot summer months are upon us, the last place I want to be is in the kitchen. I would much prefer to spend my time on a patio, with a cold glass of white wine in hand. That said, I’m all about creating experiences and, naturally, these experiences tend to revolve around good food, great friends and pretty spaces. As a result, lately I’ve gravitated towards meals that can be pulled together in just a few minutes and only require a handful of ingredients. This caprese pasta recipe is quick, it’s easy, and I would gladly recommend it to anyone who’s just starting to get their feet wet in the kitchen. With the use of some really good quality mozzarella (if you’re in Toronto, try the boccocini from here), fresh basil from our mini herb garden, and balsamic brought to us as a gift from Italy, I’ve found myself craving it daily since.

Spread the word!Pin on Pinterest11Share on StumbleUpon0Share on Reddit0Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on TumblrShare on Google+0
CATEGORIES | Recipes, Tasty Treats
13 Responses to “tasty treats: caprese pasta.”
  1. kimberlyloc says:

love this idea! another fun one to try is caprese kabobs — so simple, but just more fun to eat :)

2. Ashleyavd says:

Looks delicious! Thanks for the recommendation for the new cheese store, I usually go to the ones in Kensington Market but don’t really want to brave the area in the heat.

I just found your blog last week, but I already love it! Can’t wait to read more, especially from someone local. Have a great weekend :)

3. davidifc says:

this is also one of my fav super insanely easy pasta recipes:

– cook desired pasta (spag or linguine is my fav) according to package directions to al dente
    – heat olive oil in pan
    – add bacon/pancetta/prosciutto/other meat, cook until just crisp
    – toss in a bunch of hot pepper flakes
    – take off heat and toss in pasta
    – add desired veg, chopped up basil, spinach, rapini, etc.
    – add salt/pepper/parmesan as desired

4. Meta Musings says:

Looks delish!! Yum!

5. classiq says:

I’m with you. In these hot summer days a light and quick meal is what I opt for. This looks delicious. :)
    Ada

6. Yummmm! This looks delicious. I’ve been laying off the pasta due to a wedding I was attending, but now that that’s over with, I’ll probably make this very very soon!!

7. Lara Matos says:

This looks so yummy. Pasta is my favorite go to week night dinner and this is a nice light version!

8. sara alana says:

that looks so tasty. right up my alley.

saraalana.wordpress.com