tasty treats: chocolate chip skillet cookie.

I feel confident when I say that I grew up making chocolate chip cookies. One of my earliest memories is standing in my grandmas kitchen, licking the cookie batter off of the spatula, waiting for our treats to come out of the oven. She taught me how to bake at a very early age and it’s something that I’ve carried with me ever since.
Fast forward to moving into my first apartment. Luckily I moved in with a girl who was equally (if not more so) as passionate about cookies as I am. She was always down to throw them together at any given moment of the day (and if I’m being honest, that moment was usually at 10:00pm on a random¬†Tuesday). And since we don’t live together anymore, I’m happy to say that I live with a boy who may not help me in my late-night cookie endeavors, but who is more than willing to help me devour the results.
When I first discovered this recipe for one big chocolate chip cookie baked in a cast iron skillet, I knew that I couldn’t pass it up. While it doesn’t hold the same memories of baking with my grandma, it was incredibly easy and the results were over-the-top. And since you mix everything in one pan, you’re left with virtually no dishes to clean up afterwards.

Spread the word!Pin on Pinterest267Share on Facebook9Tweet about this on Twitter1Share on TumblrShare on Reddit0
CATEGORIES | Tasty Treats
20 Responses to “tasty treats: chocolate chip skillet cookie.”
  1. Stephanie says:

It looks GORGEOUS!!!! You didnt include the recipe!

2. shinypigeon says:

I just drooled on my keyboard……UH- MAZ- ING x

3. Christine says:

woah. This sounds and looks incredible!!

4. freutcake says:

Oh my! That image of all the butter and sugar melting in the pan….a-mazing. I have to try this recipe!

5. Hannah says:

Love this recipe! It saves time and somehow it kinda feels like a pie. Definitely going to try this out.

Thanks for sharing!

6. Oh boy – I knew I shouldn’t have stopped by… Ok, a must try! We are joining some friends for a summer picnic tomorrow afternoon. This will impress!

Thank you for stopping by. What a lovely corner you have carved out for yourself! Very, very nice.

Happy weekend.

ox, Mon

7. Sarah says:

This reminds me of the “I love you cookie” from Sex and The City! Hehe I think I will need to try this!

xo

8. le sorelle says:

Wow I never thought to use a skillet! What a great twist on a classic favorite :)

-j
    sorelle in style

9. Andrea says:

Oh my goodness – I need to make this.

Just discovered your blog. Would love it if you popped by mine sometime.

Andrea x
    andreareh.blogspot.com

10. how decadent is this!? i’ve seen it on a food blog before and feel that if i made it i would end up on the sofa eating straight from the skillet. lol

lovely photos.

11. [...] This looks amazing. I need a skillet. [...]

12. holy crap. that looks SO good. i really need to get a skillet… i always remember when i see recipes that look that good.

but seriously…. was it just delish?

13. Jenny says:

Oh my gosh, this is definatly going on the to do list, whoever thought of this is a genuis!!

14. kat says:

Oh my goodness! That looks sooo delicious! Reminds me of a pazookie! Thanks for sharing the recipe! I’m new to blogging and would love your creative input. Your pics are beautiful! :)

15. [...] & Linen (from last week’s guest post) always has lovely treats like this chocolate chip skillet cookie that I’m dying to [...]