see story, save this image, here, trackback, no comments, luxurydaily.com, read more
Breakfast Recipes Tasty Treats To Snack On

Orange Almond Blueberry Muffins

I’ve mentioned before the process in which we’re going through in order to turn our new condo into a home. On our first full Sunday in the new place, Justin headed out to hockey and I whipped up a batch of these orange almond blueberry muffins (recipe can be found here via this book) so that he could come home to a place that was filled with the smell of freshly baked muffins (aka warmth and love. Also, I just realised that we totally sound like a 50’s couple. We are not. But I do like baking, and he does like sports). It instantly made our place feel more homey, despite the fact that they were baked amongst a pile of discarded boxes and unpacked dishes.

Though these muffins didn’t originally appeal to me (I’m more of a chocolate chip, banana muffin kinda girl), we had yet to go grocery shopping and I had to make do with the ingredients on hand. The results were surprisingly delicious and I would gladly make them again.

images via lark + linen

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

7 Comments

Jordana
    April 1, 2011 at 3:56 pm

mmm…these look so yummy!

Aunt Donna, Uncle Mark
    April 1, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Congratulations on your new home, Jacquelyn and Justin!
    It looks great! I love the fireplace and your choice of colours and fabrics. Enjoy!

Meghan @ My Wishful Thinking
    April 2, 2011 at 5:24 am

Oooooh yummy!! I totally agree, the smell of baking instantly makes a place feel like home! I am rubbish at baking (so that never happens) so I make soup instead – same effect!

christine {bijouandboheme}
    April 3, 2011 at 9:44 am

These look delish! Might hand this recipe over to my daughter to try- I’m a teriible baker:(

Jacquelyn
      April 4, 2011 at 11:10 pm

I have faith in you! They were pretty simple. You can do it :) If not, eat your daughters – they’re delicious

Rose Taylor
    October 3, 2012 at 4:16 am

I was looking for something yummy to bake and I just found your blog, and I couldn’t resist these muffins. They look so delicious!