Interior Design

house envy: black & white.

found via French by Design

Lately I find myself drawn to the crisp black and white spaces that are currently flooding the design world. This one in particular is no exception. The oversized art adds just the right amount of warmth and colour to an otherwise cool space.

As an aside, I just noticed that this home totally coordinates with my new blog layout! You did notice that we got a wee bit of a makeover around here, didn’t you? Being of a creative mind, that’s the thing that I struggle with most. Just when I’m all done, all set, everything is all perfect and complete, I feel a spark of inspiration (or boredom) and want to start all over again! This is okay when it comes to a blog layout, but when it comes to my home it could get problematic (read: expensive).

Let me know what you think!

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

Tobe | Because It's Awesome
    February 16, 2011 at 11:19 am

i have been all about the black and white lately, too! great minds, great minds.

February 17, 2011 at 10:22 am

Oh I know, I saw your post the other day. Tempted to steal it… haha.

christine {bijouandboheme}
    February 16, 2011 at 11:51 am

It’s absolutelty gorgeous. Love the oversized artwork and the crisp clean backdrop. And ps, adore the new look over here. I loved it before as well but this is just really fabulous. As you said, it feels perfectly suited to this chic post- like a classic black cocktail dress with a little whimsy- perfect!

February 17, 2011 at 10:22 am

Thanks Christine! That’s what I was hoping for :) So far so good

February 16, 2011 at 12:36 pm

there is something about vintage playboy covers that I really like?! also of course Audrey is perfection.

February 17, 2011 at 10:23 am

I agree! At first glance I thought it was a little tacky, but upon further thought – it adds such a touch of character. I’m totally on board.

February 16, 2011 at 5:15 pm

wow! First off, can I just say I loooove the name of your blog. So original and cute!

And thank you for the comment you left on my Valentine’s Day blog post. I’m so glad you did and that I was able to find your blog because I just spent the last 30 mintues checking it out. Looking forward to more!

I, too, am so drawn to white spaces. It’s getting a little out of control though! All I want in life is a white couch and a puppy, which sadly for me, don’t really go too well together. haha!

Have a great day!

February 17, 2011 at 10:24 am

Thanks Laurren! I too am so glad that I found your blog.

I unfortunately have a light grey couch and am moving in with my boyfriend who has a puppy – I’ll let you know how that pans out haha.

February 18, 2011 at 6:37 am