Interior Design One Piece Two Looks

one piece, two looks.

I’m always intrigued on how different designers approach a space and how they decide which direction to go in. Generally, I begin with one main statement piece and design the rest of the space accordingly. Usually, the moment I see that piece I have an immediate idea in my mind on what should happen with it. That being said, there are so many directions that you could pursue with that one item, and it’s often interesting to think of alternative solutions.

So here’s our second shot at lark + linens new series: one piece, two looks. This weeks victim: the crazy beautiful Clio lamp from Arbutus + Denman (recently discovered at IDS) in a dining room type setting.

lighting found via here
and the others: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

I’d love to know, which do you prefer? And as an aside, if there are any items you’d like me to incorporate into this series, please feel free to shoot me an e-mail. I would be happy to design two spaces based on a piece of your chosing.

and take a look at the rest of the series here!

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

February 4, 2011 at 11:47 am

I love the second design. The blend of country chic and rustic wood offset the sleekness of the light. The result is bold, feminine and well curated. It’s more inviting too, not so modern and cold.

happy weekend.

February 4, 2011 at 3:32 pm

I like the 2nd design – though I LOVE the credenza on the first one.

Happy Weekend!

February 4, 2011 at 3:35 pm

We are so happy to see what you did with our Clio Pendant…we always wanted to create a pendant that was suitable to use in a variety of different designs styles and seeing this made our day…again, thanks for the mention!

February 4, 2011 at 3:40 pm

You are so talented. I already knew that (see Danielle’s Bedroom) but still I am surprised at what you are able to think up. Go girl! This section of your blog is very cool and I will try to find a very obscure piece to put your tallents to the test :) I really love the 1st design set – very cool and edgy!

October 14, 2013 at 9:53 am

Very nice design and good eye for interesting furniture pieces.

La Maison Chic

hotel lodzkie
    January 22, 2014 at 1:45 pm

Thanks for finally writing about > one piece, two looks.
    | lark&linen < Loved it!